Junior Cybersecurity Engineer
KUDO is a New York based startup providing a language as a service platform enabling video conferencing with live language translation. Our expertise covers streaming real-time language interpretation to client’s web meetings and live conferences and keeps participants engaged no matter where they are. KUDO is revolutionizing the conferencing and language service industry, seeking to break through all geographic and language barriers impeding multilingual communication. We seek to create connections and allow people and businesses to work together from anywhere, at any time, and in any language. KUDO is a young startup that was founded in 2017. We are growing quickly with numerous multinational enterprise clients. If our mission resonates with you, please check us out at kudoway.com.
While KUDO is headquartered in New York City, our team is globally distributed and culturally diverse with employees spanning across all corners of the world. We have teams, partners, and customers across North America, Europe, Asia, and South America.
We are eagerly seeking talented individuals to join us in our mission to overcome language and geographic barriers around the world. If our mission resonates with you, we highly encourage you to apply!
The Opportunity As a junior cybersecurity engineer, you will be a direct contributor to information security and compliance initiatives undertaken by the information security department at KUDO. Reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer and working closely with other InfoSec team members, you will work with internal and external stakeholders during audit preparation/readiness activities. You will coordinate logistics and interface with infrastructure and engineering teams to facilitate security assessments conducted by 3rd party penetration test teams. You will support KUDO InfoSec in various capacities during security due diligence response engagements.
Primary Responsibilities (What You’ll Do) · Work with internal stakeholders to ensure that user awareness training is conducted for all new hires upon onboarding. · Assist InfoSec in conducting security due diligence on KUDO vendors and service providers.· Work with various internal stakeholders and business units to collect and submit relevant compliance evidence prior to and during audits. · Participate in customers' and business prospects’ due diligence response process by KUDO InfoSec.· Document, analyze, and help streamline InfoSec processes as needed.· Work with external security assessors to facilitate assessment engagements.· Support InfoSec during the incident response process. · Work with the technology team as directed (in an advisory role), to assure of incorporation of security requirements and best practices into their processes. · Monitor automated security alerts communicated to InfoSec and escalate as needed.
Requirements (Who You Are) · Familiarity with general security principles and best practices.· Familiar with risk management methodologies and risk response strategies. · Familiar with software development processes and cloud computing basics in general.· Problem solver with the ability to multi-task as needed.· Good communication skills, written and verbal.· Solid organizational and project management skills. · Ability to work with minimal supervision on projects from start to finish.· Availability primarily during US Eastern time zone (EST) to work with InfoSec team members. Bonus Points · Experience with SOC, ISO 27001, and FedRAMP frameworks/standards and audit requirements.· Experience with vulnerability and patch management best practices.· Experience with incident response and contingency planning.· Understanding of shared security responsibilities between cloud service providers and service consumers.· Deep understanding of privacy principles, and general GDPR requirements.What We Offer
✅ An opportunity to work at a mission-driven organization where your efforts directly help break down language barriers. ✅ The experience of working with an incredibly diverse and international team spread across 20+ countries.✅ An open and transparent company culture where individual and overall company performance is talked about and shared.✅ A front-row seat at seeing what a growing team and business looks like. ✅ Remote company setting with autonomy, flexibility, and great benefits including annual learning and development reimbursement, generous PTO, and setting you up with the hardware you need upon joining KUDO.
The principles of diversity and inclusion are essential to the success of KUDO. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity in our employees, and we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
KUDO will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our "Remote" positions may be done in the region they are posted in with the exception of Colorado due to local Colorado posting requirements.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs