Senior Security Engineer - Data
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:Glovo’s success and constant growth is introducing new challenges in data collection and handling. Among such challenges is also proper data security. For this reason, Glovo is seeking a talented and motivated security engineer to contribute and drive data security initiatives. The role involves building and designing solutions that improve data security in all aspects as well as supporting our data teams. Additionally, you will work closely with other members of the Security Team to support security tasks, awareness campaigns, and internal security projects.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Support data governance inside Glovo and ensure security is present in all possible forms
- Create and maintain data classification under Data Security Policy
- Identify, assess and define security controls around sensitive data within Glovo
- Work with engineers from around Glovo to prevent data incidents and reduce the attack surface of our data environment
- Propose and create new standards, tools, policies and procedures to improve security posture of Glovo data environment
- Provide technical leadership while working across the company on critical data security initiatives
- Together with Tech and Compliance teams make sure our data is adequately protected outside of Glovo
- Support Security team in fostering security culture and designing awareness campaigns in data area
- Proven experience in the data security area or a similar position
- Experience with data governance policies, including the implementation of data security strategies
- Solid understanding of data security controls, best practices and landscape threats
- Good understanding of legal frameworks (such as GDPR) and implications for data environments
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or Golang
- Strong ability to manage and report on multiple projects, prioritizing efforts, managing time effectively, and requiring minimal direction in the execution
- Proven problem solving, analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to develop creative solutions and navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proven team player, collaborating well with others to tackle problems in a team-focused dynamic
- Excellent written and communications skills, as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven experience and knowledge of data services in AWS
- Previous experience with participating in security operations
- Experience working with Data Teams (BI, Data Engineers, Data Science, Data Analysts)
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 22 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/