Security Operations Analyst
Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and WeBull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
- 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
- 2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
- 2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
At Apex Fintech Solution, we're all about building the next-generation trade clearing platform that enables the hottest stock trading apps the capabilities they need to introduce a new generation to investing. We need passionate, determined, courageous, and principled software engineers like you to help us achieve this mission. If what you need next in your career is an opportunity to be empowered to make your own decisions, learn from your mistakes and execute what works, Apex FinTech Solutions, a PEAK6 Group company, is likely the place for you.
We are seeking a Security Operation Center (SOC) Analyst to join our Cybersecurity team.
The SOC Analyst will be responsible for day-to-day security threat monitoring, analysis, and response. You will manage security incidents and review security alerts, determine if the security events are false positives, true positive, or false negatives and work with incident responder’s on known or suspected security threats. The Security Analyst will work on threat intelligence gathering and integration, forensics, and incident response that adhere to best practices and recognized control frameworks.
- Investigate incidents using SIEM and UEBA technologies, packet captures, reports, data visualization, and pattern analysis.
- Analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Improve and challenge existing processes and procedures in a very agile and fast-moving information security environment.
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Perform real-time alert monitoring and risk mitigation.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices across different layers.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms the actionable incident.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and teams.
- Participate in security projects and assist network operations and engineering teams.
- The permanent right to live and work in the United Kingdom - this job is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Security, Forensics, or Computer Science is preferred) or equivalent industry related experience.
- Desirable | Proven experience as a security analyst, incident handler/responder, security engineer, or penetration tester.
- Knowledge of security methodologies, processes (i.e., Cyber Kill Chain/Diamond Models, and the MITRE ATT&CK framework).
- Knowledge of technical security solutions (firewalls, SIEM, NIDS/NIPS/HIDS/HIPS, AVs, DLP, proxies, network behavioral analytics, endpoint, and cloud security).
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS and HTTP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Good knowledge of common malware threats and attack methodologies.
- Desirable Professional Certifications: GCIA, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, Security+, CCNA CyberOps, OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, CEH,
- Accountable for the successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by adjusting priorities or processes and approaching as needs dictate.
- Work independently as a team representative of InfoSec as well as showing excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to develop thorough documentation and operational playbooks, in addition, to suggest alert enhancements to improve detection capability.
- Good understanding of system and network hardening practices.
Culture & Core Values
- InfoSec team is comprised of independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape Apex Clearing.
- We strive to build and maintain a collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by Open and Honest Communication; Teamwork and Collaboration; Involving Everyone; Leaders Who Serve; and Personal Accountability
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
- 28 days annual leave plus 10 NI national holidays
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Private health insurance for medical and dental
- Life Insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Great work/life balance and flexible working hours
- Monthly catered lunches
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Quarterly hackathons
- Poker tournaments
- Charitable matching gift program
Tags: Agile Analytics APIs CEH Cloud Computer Science Cyber Kill Chain DNS FinTech Firewalls Forensics GCFA GCIA GCIH GPEN GWAPT Incident response Malware MITRE ATT&CK Monitoring OSCP SIEM SSH TCP/IP Threat intelligence TLS Vulnerabilities
Other jobs like this
OCIO-0007 Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst Services (NS) - MON 3 OctClearance Forensics Incident response Jira Linux Malware NATO +4
Startup environment Team events
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs