Software Security Engineer - DevSecops
Bangalore, India (Office)
CohesityEliminate mass data fragmentation with Cohesity's next-gen data management. Begin with backup, gain instant recovery. Learn more today.
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations manage their data to unlock limitless value. We make it easy to back up, manage and derive value from data while protecting data against ransomware attacks. At Cohesity, we’re encouraged to think big and we take on dynamic goals that require innovative thinkers. Obsession with our customers keeps us humble and drives us to keep learning.
About This Role:
We are actively seeking Security Engineers to join our team. As part of our Security Engineering team, you will be responsible for enabling Secure Product release at the speed of the development team. This responsibility is supported by integrating security testing with automated build and release pipelines, supporting security testing frameworks, integrating vulnerability management & tracking systems, secure configuration & artifact management services, and fast feedback systems. Whether it’s containers or VMs, we’re at the center of building and releasing code for our customers. The result is automated product security workflow for secure product release, fast time-to-market, and increased business value.
You will also ensure we’re in lock step with product engineering and develop our CICD enabled security services. Engaging with other teams and communicating with stakeholders will be a regular part of the job. We’re looking for an individual who’s motivated by technology, enjoys automation, and problem-solving.
- Integrate security tools within CI/CD pipelines, ensuring appropriate artifacts are created as evidence of good security practices
- Automate security operations, including detection, alerting, and response capabilities
- Work across the Development, Security, Site Reliability Engineering, and Infrastructure teams to ensure that the DevSecOps tools and processes are integrated early and are providing value
- Identify and effectively communicate architectural vulnerabilities with supporting risk statements and realistic mitigation options to stakeholders.
- Monitor security sources for vulnerability announcements and remediations, and create patches
- Perform root cause analysis with IT customers
- Coordinate features and deliverables across multiple teams to achieve project goals
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science
- 5 years of relevant experience in securing applications, systems, networks and infrastructure.
- Hands-on coding skills in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, Golang
- Solid experience with security tooling and best practices for implementation in development pipelines and infrastructure.
- Experience with Application Security Testing, Penetration testing, Security event management, vulnerability management, threat modeling, and threat management systems
- In depth experience with configuring continuous integration software such as Jenkins, GitLab, CircleCi, etc.
- Proficiency in Kubernetes, Docker, and/or other container technologies
- You have strong grasp of the SDLC
- Solid understanding of cloud computing - AWS, GCE, Azure, etc.
- Knowledge in Storage, File systems, or Data Protection is a plus
- Motivated to solve complex problems and challenges.
- And of course, a passion for security
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-855-9COHESITY or email@example.com for assistance.
Cohesity requires all employees who enter its U.S. offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Tags: Application security Automation AWS Azure CI/CD CircleCI Cloud Computer Science DevSecOps Docker Golang Java Kubernetes Pentesting Privacy Product security Python SDLC Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs