Application developer- Security Engineer
Heredia, Heredia, CR
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Identify security issues; perform code reviews (manual and SAST, DAST and IAST code audits)
- Perform security functional testing as needed and validate pen-test findings
- Develop automation and processes to identify security flaws in code
- Help maintain engineering infrastructure systems used by the application security team
- Aspire to learn and become SME for secure coding practices, code scan, DevSecOps, penetration testing and product security Perform any other application security or product security architecture related activities and tasks as needed or directed
- Maintain the Security standards and provide guidelines to developers for secure coding practice
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or equivalent work experience as a software engineering or security practitioner.
- Experience: 1-2 yrs in field,
- Ability to perform security code review for Python, Go, Node, Java languages
- AppScan or other industry scanning tool experience
- DevSecOps concept and automation familiarity
- Good communication and written skills
- Ability to learn the new technologies, security tools, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong exposure to popular application security standards including OWASP TOP 10 and API Security
- Any industry recognized security certification is preferred(CompTIA S+, CEH, OSCP etc)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Architecture Audits Automation CEH Go Java OSCP Penetration testing Python