Software Engineering Lead, Application Security
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast. As part of our Engineering team, you'll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remote, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Engineering Lead who is passionate about security - someone who loves being part of a team whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
Experience in programming is required for this role (we use Python a lot), also solid work experience with Security aspects such as Authentication, Authorization, SSO is required too. Experience working in a SaaS/Product company and a background in running reliable operations is also a huge plus.
Contribute to the codebase and manage a team of Authentication & Security Software Engineers.
Help achieve your team's projects by creating a framework of responsibility and optimizing your team's performance.
Help steer debates into quick decisions and communicate important team changes to the relevant audience through the appropriate channels.
Coach, mentor, and further develop engineers on your team within an open and inclusive environment. Provide consistent feedback to your team with a focus on developing and helping unblock them.
Work with other team leads across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
Report directly to your Director of Engineering and work with them on hiring and capacity planning.
What you should bring to the table:
5+ years working in a Software Development environment and 1+ year(s) managing at least one inclusive, cross-functional team in an agile environment (3+ engineers).
Strong working knowledge of a programming language, preferably Python, as well as experience in building and/or maintaining Authentication services, SSO, etc.
An engineer who prefers simple solutions and is naturally empathetic working style with team members.
Your workload is guided by data and metrics.
Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party.
The compensation range for a team member in this role is €80,000 to €105,000 annually where the offer typically falls in the range of €80,000 to €90,000.
Our ranges are established after performing market research, but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs