Senior Firewall Infrastructure Engineer
Dallas, Texas, United States - Remote
With minimal supervision, participates and leads in the design, engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as, servers, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, proxies and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and implementation of solutions. Works independently in a fast-paced environment on issues of the highest complexity. The Senior Firewall Engineer will support the Production Security needs of the business in order to continually support and improve the controls and security posture within our Information Technology environment. The Senior Firewall Engineer provides subject matter expertise inside the Production Security Program such as protocols, processes, governance, and is responsible for all aspects within assigned Production Security Program functions
- Interface with requestors to capture and document explicit business, functional, and technical
- requirements to determine approval of policy changes
- Capture new requests as tickets, and document progress towards fulfillment in the ticket.
- Perform quarterly and annual firewall policy reviews
- Work independently under the direction of management
- Provide thought leadership for technical and process improvements
- Solves a range of problems using existing process and solutions
- Successfully deliver the right results on initiatives in a timely and effective manner
- Mitigate risk within assigned assets, technologies or platforms
- Understand and apply Production Security policies, standards, and processes to ensure the
- confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information
- Support assigned security technologies in accordance with security policies and standards
- Provide assistance with other deployed security technologies and support team members
- Support regulatory examinations and internal audits as needed
- Ability to understand potential cyber threats and respond appropriately across all IT services,
- technologies and processes
- Use Tufin or Firemon to manage security policies and building automation into the workflow
Other Job Duties
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance related issues.
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Advanced knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Solid foundation in networking concepts, protocols/ports and their real-world application
- Understanding of industry leading security technologies or infrastructure systems in a complex
- technical IT operations environment
- Thorough understanding of Checkpoint or Fortinet firewall policy
- Tufin or Firemon policy orchestration
- Ability to perform firewall reviews and recommend remediation and optimization
- Ability to clearly relay technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical people, written and
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may also perform other
reasonable related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor or management.
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs