Security Operations Engineer I, FedRamp (Weekend Shift)
JamfWe help organizations succeed with Apple providing ability to manage Apple devices, connect users to resources and protect your business from cyber threats.
Jamf extends the legendary Apple experience people enjoy in their personal lives to the workplace. With Jamf, IT and security teams are able to confidently manage and protect Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV devices, easing the burden of updating, deploying and securing the data used by their end-users. Jamf’s purpose is to simplify work by helping organizations manage and secure an Apple experience that end users love and organizations trust.
We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for helping customers empower their workforce to focus on their jobs, not the hassles of managing technology – freeing nurses to care, teachers to teach and businesses to thrive. We have over 2,500 employees worldwide with offices in the U.S., Europe, Japan, and Australia. To learn more visit: https://www.jamf.com/careers.
Jamf operates as a choice-based office model. Choose an assigned desk, a shared desk, or connect remote from your home office.
What You'll Do:
The Security Operations Engineer will work with the Cloud and Delivery team to continue to build our Security Design and Architecture, Compliance, Threat and Vulnerability Management, and Penetration Testing. They will be responsible for maintaining operation of the environment in accordance with our service level agreements and providing support to both our staff and customers.
This position will require the ability to work a shift of Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday from 7:00 am - 5:00 pm CST
- Responsible for the tools, configuration, administration and related processes around Security Information and Event Management
- Responsible for Web application firewall and related prevention, detection and mitigation of DDoS attack
- Performs regular firewall audits in line with our procedures. Provides the appropriate documentation, supporting evidence and follow up on identified issues requiring remediation
- Responsible for tooling, processes and follow up actions related to our vulnerability scanning and external port scanning needs and practices
- Handles the identification, planning and implementation of cloud hardening needs. Works collaboratively with Operations and other internal teams to communicate, document and implement
- Performs security incident analysis, response and remediation
- Participates in design and implementation of security automation workflows
- Maintain the technical documentation of processes and procedures
- Perform scripting duties in BASH and Python
- Maintain an advanced level of knowledge of JAMF Cloud Services and related products
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year Linux command line interface knowledge (Required)
- Minimum of 1 year knowledge of IT security principles, techniques, and technologies (Required)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Preferred)
- Experience in a current programming language (e.g. Python, Golang) (Preferred)
Education & Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent (Required)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen located physically in the U.S., and therefore any employment offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements. Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or who are located outside of the U.S. are strongly encouraged to apply for other positions at Jamf, which is an equal-opportunity employer.
How we help you reach your best potential:
- Recently named a Best Workplace in Technology, Fortune Magazine 2021.
- We know that big ideas can come from anyone, so we empower everyone to make an impact. Our
more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- You will have the opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 50,000 global
customers with the best Apple device management solution in the world.
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us.
- Our volunteer time off allows employees to support and give back to our communities.
- We encourage you to simply be you. We constantly seek and value different perspectives to ensure
Jamf is a place where everyone feels comfortable and can be successful.
- 23 of 25 world’s most valuable brands rely on Jamf to do their best work (as ranked by Forbes).
- Over 100,000 Jamf Nation users, the largest online IT community in the world.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, are willing to help, and support the team around you. You value and learn from different perspectives. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You are someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We strive to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities. In the spirit of our values of selflessness and relentless self-improvement, we seek to learn, engage, and grow. We better ourselves for the betterment of others. All voices are critical to the innovative and collaborative work that we do. It is important that all of our Jamfs feel comfortable being their truest selves at work. Be your best self, and let your individuality shine at Jamf!
Get social with us: Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook or follow the conversation at #OneJamf
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs