Vice President of Security and Compliance
BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like HelloFresh, Oscar Health and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations Management.
Headquartered in New York City, with a product and engineering office in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
We are seeking a Vice President to lead our Security and Compliance teams. If you are a seasoned leader with experience running security programs, hardening a microservice architecture, leading a world-class security team (compliance, software security, security engineering, and security operations), then this is the opportunity for you!
Lead our seasoned and talented Security and Compliance teams – help provide our Security vision, a strategy to achieve it, and mentor the team on our path toward greatness. Customers need to trust us with privileged access to their critical IT SaaS systems, and we need to earn and maintain that trust daily.
This individual will be responsible for the cyber security program that will protect BetterCloud from external and internal threats while ensuring BetterCloud meets the requirements of both domestic and international compliance regulations.
BetterCloud has partnerships with the largest SaaS vendors and most forward-thinking customers worldwide. We need not only someone with vision but also a hands-on operator to lead the Security team using best practices from Scrum methodologies.
What You'll Do
- Ensure that all company software, process, procedures, computer architecture, and application code are properly designed and maintained to ensure company security and/or compliance with standards
- Make sure that cyber security policies and procedures are communicated to all personnel, and that compliance is enforced
- Partner with our go-to-market teams to enable customer acquisition & retention by acting as a sponsor to certain customers and occasionally participating in the sales cycle (e.g. meeting with customers, negotiating security/privacy language in deals, educating sales teams on BetterCloud security practices & capabilities, etc.)
- Mature our security operations systems by taking an automation-first approach to ensure our systems are monitored for security alerts, anomalies are tracked, policy adherence, and procedures are followed
- Maintain a strong incident response program. Ensure systems are designed & engineered for security to prevent, deter, detect and recover from potential incidents.
- Ensure development teams are empowered with both the education and tools needed to incorporate security into development practices and automated build & deployment processes
- Oversee the coordination of internal and external audits, including ISO, SOC, and NIST, and assessments of BetterCloud’s platform or internal business practices
- Build and nurture positive business relationships and drive a security-minded culture with both leadership and across the company to ensure security & privacy are embedded into all aspects of BetterCloud’s operations and infrastructure
The ideal candidate will fill a strategic and high-impact role within the BetterCloud organization. They will have excellent domain skills that leverage the capabilities of peers, business partners, associates, and customers. This leader will be one of the senior-most protectors of BetterCloud, its customers, employees, investors, and counterparties. As such, this leader must engender control, trust, accountability, transparency, and urgency in executing his/her responsibilities.
At a high level, this executive will have a mastery of Regulatory Frameworks (certifications, global end markets, etc.), Corporate Security (vulnerability, data loss prevention, zero trust networks, etc), Operational Security (high availability cloud platform at significant scale), and a strong understanding of Product Security. Additionally, this individual will have a passion for hiring, mentoring and building the next generation of security talent, forging valuable relationships across the organization, and being a valuable and contributing member of the global security community.
- 5+ years of experience leading a security program for a cloud-forward or cloud-native organization focused on all aspects of cybersecurity, identity management, security engineering, software security, GRC, and Security Ops
- 10+ years of experience in taking a risk-based approach to prioritize new security efforts, from compliance controls and system hardening to security and penetration testing throughout the SDLC
- Professional certifications such as CISSP or CISM are preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with information security counterparts in customer and partner organizations
- Excellent communication skills with experience preparing and presenting information clearly and concisely, in writing and orally, to a range of internal, external and customer audiences, including technical and non-technical decision-makers
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Full benefits package
- Career growth with an industry innovator
We have a mission to foster a culture at BetterCloud that empowers, celebrates, and values our differences in order to grow community, safety, and trust in our work environment. DEI&B is core to who we are and what we do. From an employee-led Diversity Council empowering our differences, to multiple Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) creating a strong sense of belonging, to frequent outside speakers focusing on DEI&B topics, our commitment is non negotiable.
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote - Qualified applicants based on most states of the U.S.A. are eligible for this position. Note that there are a number of states from where this position cannot be held.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs