Lead Cyber Security Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Sigma is SaaS, next-generation business intelligence and data exploration platform that is changing the analytics landscape. Sigma offers a spreadsheet-like interface that enables all decision makers to securely analyze up to billions of rows of live data with the unlimited scale and speed of the cloud. With Sigma, everyone can quickly answer their own questions to make and visualize accurate, data-driven decisions. This is an exciting time to join a world - class company and team. We are growing rapidly.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sigma Computing Cyber Security team proactively identify, analyze, and mitigate risks, respond to and manage security incidents, and protect Sigma infrastructure and operations. Reporting to the Head of Information Security, the candidate will lead the security initiatives, incident response activities, mentor/guide the security team around information security matters and help mature Sigma threat detection & prevention efforts. Your focus is on bringing Security expertise to the table in a collaborative, humble, and practical manner.
We are looking for the SME who have the passion to build a world-class Enterprise cyber security team. You will be part of a talented team of engineers with a shared mission to make Sigma secure and will be working on the latest technologies stack.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Support cybersecurity risk program strategy and projects. Identify cyber risks and drive business security requirements across Sigma.
- Stay abreast of the latest security risks and disclosures and ensure Sigma infrastructure is sufficiently protected.
- Represent the organization as a Subject Matter Expert in security requirements.
- Lead the Security Engineering organization, focusing on piloting and developing new security solutions to address critical risks.
- Manage, Implement, Support technologies like CASB, WAF, IAM, Malware Analysis, SIEM, Email Security, Vulnerability Management.
- Lead, mature and maintain End-point, Network and Cloud infrastructure security.
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend or plan the implementation of new or updated information security hardware or software, and analyze its impact on the existing environment; provide technical expertise for the administration of security tools.
- Lead, mature, and maintain operational components of the cybersecurity incident and response program.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to complete cyber risk assessments and plan remediations.
- Help to mature Sigma’s investigation and response capabilities and ability to respond effectively to security events.
- Build Blue / Purple Team to mature the Sigma threat detection capabilities.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Information Technology, specifically information security, while demonstrating a steady growth of skills and responsibilities required.
- Experience in leading the Cyber security initiatives, teams and mentor the team members. Proven experience in NIST, cybersecurity, MITRE ATT&CK, implementation, and red teaming.
- Experience in incident response including host and cloud forensics, incident management, threat intelligence, threat hunting, and/or security detection.
- Hands-on experience managing complex security efforts with minimal disruption to ongoing operations.
- Hands on Security Tooling experience - DLP, Vulnerability Management, Malware Detection/ Analysis, SIEM, Privilege Access, DAST, WAF, IPS/IDS, Firewall, Email Security, CASB, URL Filtering, Container Security etc.
- Experience in AWS, GCP or Azure, Kubernetes, Terraform or other IAC
- Experience automating security detection and response using scripting or other means.
- CISA, CISM, CISSP certification or comparable IT security accreditation preferred.
- Strong organizational and project leadership skills
- Leads by example and takes ownership of decisions
Note: The world around us is changing, but we at Sigma Computing are growing and scaling. We raised our Series C in Dec 2021. With that, and us being able to 3X our revenue year on year, hiring and building out the best version of our product is priority. That is why we want to talk to you.
At Sigma Computing, our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
We recently announced a $300M Series C raise from Co-Leads D1 Capital Partners and XN, Existing Investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, and Snowflake Ventures.
Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have a hybrid work environment.We have safely reopened our office in SF and are following city and CDC guidelines. And our NYC office is close to ready for occupation!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Analytics AWS Azure C CISA CISM CISSP Cloud DAST Firewalls Forensics GCP IAM IDS Incident response IPS Kubernetes Malware MITRE ATT&CK NIST SaaS Scripting SIEM Strategy Terraform Threat detection Threat intelligence Vulnerability management
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs