Senior Security Analyst - SF
San Francisco, CA
Sigma is building a world class cybersecurity program to support our Cloud platforms and customers. Sigma GIST (Global Information Security Team) is looking for a Senior Security Analyst to join our Cyber Team. This role is ideal for someone who is interested in gaining additional experience in building and maturing a cyber security function. Candidates will be testing cyber security controls and operating effectiveness, and supporting key cybersecurity governance activities. Our ideal candidate is passionate about technology and continuous learning. This role reports into the Head of IT & Security. If you’re a creative thinker who wants to build great processes and reduce risk, we’d love to hear from you!
- Implementation of security best practices in cloud environments (including AWS & GCP) as well as in general IT/Operations.
- Support for Data incidents, CASB events, Incident Response, Incident Management, and Incident resolution processes.
- Operation or administration of Security tools and technologies like vulnerability scanning, Malware detection, SIEM, SASE, APT,Container Security, CASB, DLP, URL filtering, email security etc.
- Participation in projects to implement new or improved security tools or technologies.
- Measure control and program effectiveness, recommending new strategies to manage risk.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve processes to provide more effective and efficient service.
- Assist in creating the SOC Playbooks and Security technologies SOP’s.
- Assisting team with cyber initiatives as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- At least 2-3 years of hands-on experience implementing and supporting a variety of types of security tools & technologies especially CASB, SASE
- You have previous experience in a cloud-native environment (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Understanding of the Cloud security fundamentals.
- You want to work in a high-growth environment and build new programs from scratch.
- Strong Organizational, analytical thinking, written, and oral communication skills.
- You are comfortable handling the unknown, and you can bring clarity to ambiguous situations.
- Good communication, analytical and writing skills.
Good to have -
- Direct understanding of Scripting (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
- Certifications - CISSP, GIAC, AWS,GCP or other similar certifications.
Note: The world around us is changing, but we at Sigma Computing are growing and scaling. We raised our Series C in Dec 2021. With that, and us being able to 3X our revenue year on year, hiring and building out the best version of our product is priority. That is why we want to talk to you.
At Sigma Computing, our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
We recently announced a $300M Series C raise from Co-Leads D1 Capital Partners and XN, Existing Investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, and Snowflake Ventures.
Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have a hybrid work environment.We have safely reopened our office in SF and are following city and CDC guidelines. And our NYC office is close to ready for occupation!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs