Junior Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst - Night Shift
XOR Security is currently seeking several talented Junior-level SOC Analyst (Night Shift) to support an Agency-level SOC at DHS. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. SOC Analysts will conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of the CND operational mission. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must along with the ability to work shift. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
- 12 hour shifts Sun - Wed, or Wed - Sat (7pm -7am)
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in network defense environments.
- Active Secret or DHS Agency Clearance.
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management) and Malware Analysis.
- Prior experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and/or log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required (preferably within Splunk or ArcSight).
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events (windows event logs, Tanium queries, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent).
- Strong proficiency Report writing – a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting, excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings.
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Network Threat Hunting (Sqrrl), Big Data Analytics (Splunk), Endpoint Threat Detection and Response (Tanium), SIEM (ArcSight), workflow and ticketing (HP Service Manager), Intrusion Detection System (IBM ISS).
- Ability to support coverage requirements for various shifts during holidays and weekends when required.
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed (occasional night and weekend work required) and/or a 10-12 hour shift in a single day.
- Should have Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- For Mid-level analysts, one or more certifications for CND Analysts: GCIA, GCED, GCFA, GCFE, GCTI, GNFA, GCIH, ECSA, CHFI, CISSP, CEH, CND.
- An understanding in researching Emerging Threats and recommending monitoring content within security tools.
- Experience in analyzing netflow data and packet capture (PCAP).
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies, specific tools listed in parentheses: Network Threat Hunting (Sqrrl), Big Data Analytics (Splunk), Endpoint Threat Detection (Tanium), SIEM (ArcSight), workflow and ticketing (HP Service Manager), and Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (IBM ISS).
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Tags: Active Directory Analytics ArcSight Big Data CEH CHFI CISSP Clearance Computer Science DNS ECSA GCED GCFA GCIA GCIH GNFA IDS Incident response Intrusion detection Linux Malware Monitoring PCAP SIEM SMTP Splunk SQL Threat detection Windows
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs