Herndon, Virginia, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location: Herndon, VA, Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM CISO organization and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We’re looking for enthusiastic and innovative team members to join us. Position Summary: The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical information and security background. He / She will work within a fast paced, Agile program environment collaborating with cybersecurity architects and technology teams across IBM CISO and business units to implement next generation security solutions. The ideal candidate will also research emerging security trends and technologies, identify business and technical requirements, perform technical evaluation and support deployment of global security solutions.
This cybersecurity engineer role includes all aspects of the squad mission but primarily focuses on ensuring that the architecture and deployment of our security services meet business needs, security requirements, and provide appropriate integration capabilities. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, be able to analyze complex problems, have an insatiable curiosity to learn about new technologies, shares knowledge with others and has experience working in fast-paced, Agile project environment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrated experience with, and knowledge of, IT security architecture and engineering.
- Analyze requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and develops them into a finished working deliverable
- Identify security requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and relate them to required/desired security controls
- Engage in information security projects that deliver new security capabilities as well as evaluate existing security services to improve or increase adoption.
- Research information security trends, standards and practices to identify needs for enhancing security solutions
- Strong understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Encryption standards.
- Strong interpersonal communicating skills
- Supports the configuration and administration of cyber security tools and systems
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience with PKI and a strong understanding of encryption concepts
- 5+ years of experience in implementing and deploying security solutions at the enterprise level
- 5+ years of experience with IT infrastructure, networking, architecture, administration, and security
- 3+ years of experience building and deploying security solutions on cloud infrastructure/services
- Intermediate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network Layers, DNS, etc.)
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, including application, OS, or security technology logging
- Knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
- Ability to analyze security data to make decisions and resolve problems.
- Experience working both individually and collaboratively on a security engineering team
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hands-On Experience designing and implementing PKI and/or Encryption services
- Strong understanding of cloud and key management services including BYOK.
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience using scripting for automating tasks (Bash, Python, etc)
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Certifications: SANS GIAC (e.g. GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN), Security +, CISSP
- Preferred Education:Bachelor's degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Architecture CISSP DNS Encryption Finance GCIH GIAC GPEN PKI Python SANS TCP/IP