Security Engineering Manager, CorpSec
San Francisco, CA
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
This role is focussed on managing our Corporate Security team and ensuring that the business and employees of Cruise are secure.
The Corporate Security team at Cruise focuses on partnering with groups throughout the company to build, maintain, and operationalize the security of how work gets done. We believe that doing things the secure way should be easy and the default experience for all teams at Cruise.
Corporate Security at Cruise is solved by building and engineering.
We are especially interested in speaking with candidates that have diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We’re solving novel security problems at Cruise; novel perspectives make this easier! This role can be fully remote for the right candidate!What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a team of high functioning security engineers
- Work with the team to define and deliver short, middle, and long term strategies for securing the enterprise
- Partner with teams throughout the organization to build the relationships and trust necessary to improve the state of security
- Enable the team to deliver projects and roll out security tools at scale
- Quickly triage and make decisions to unblock, and move forward business throughout the company
- Mentor, coach and grow team members and peers to fulfil their potential
- Experience managing and mentoring diverse individuals (diverse in both experience and skill set)
- A broad and practical understanding of security fundamentals
- Experience working with teams to evaluate needs, solutions, and guidance.
- Practical knowledge and experience working in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- An interest in building creative solutions to challenging security problems
- Experience in creating security strategies and plans to meet business objectives
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.