Security Consultant for Aerospace & Satellite Professional Services , Aerospace & Satellite Professional Services
US, TX, Virtual Location - Texas
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
The Aerospace and Satellite (A&S) Professional Services team helps enterprise space customers rapidly realize business value by adopting cloud technology. This customer domain includes companies and organizations that are involved with space exploration, satellite manufacturing, space launch, space communications, space operations, and use of space-collected data. Space is really cool and you’ll be part of a team supporting customers that are out of this world!
Do you like helping people envision new ways of securing a cloud infrastructure? Do you have ideas for new ways to enhancing security operations and documented best practices? AWS offers a cloud platform with a global reach and we are looking for a passionate and innovative technical security implementer. You’ll have the opportunity to create new security experiences and environments for our customers covering topics including strategy and risk management, building and deploying security infrastructure, or automating security operations...and beyond.
You should be a highly technical security professional who has the ability to take customers on a journey through securing their infrastructure. You will develop highly scalable applications that adhere to cloud and security best practices.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel (up to 25%) to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, however access to a major airport is required for travel purposes.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead teams that include Amazonians, partners, and customers to build & deploy security infrastructure and automate security operations for customers
- Lead internal builder projects
- Become a deep technical resource that earns the trust of customer executive stakeholders
- Develop high-quality technical content such as automation tools, reference architectures, and white papers to help our consultants, partners, and customers build on the work we deliver
- Innovate on behalf of customers; translate your thoughts into action yielding measurable results
- Mentor & invest in the development team members
This position requires the candidate selected be a US citizen.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 3+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with Security, Compliance, and Risk Management
- Knowledge of Compute, Storage, Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity and Compliance services
- Hands-on technical expertise in building security capabilities in the cloud, or software development experience with a high level language (such as Python, C++, Java, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications• 3+ years cloud and related information technology experience
• AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level, AWS Certified Developer - Associate Level, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Level. Professional level AWS certifications desired
• Current Sec+, CASP and/or CISSP certifications
• Demonstrated experience in customer-facing roles advising and counseling on IT security-related topics
• Demonstrated experience implementing information security related frameworks and standards such as FISMA, NIST CSF, HIPAA, NIST 800-53, etc.
• Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, IPS, IDS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM
• Demonstrated experience in driving a security focused software development lifecycle
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
Experience in the space domain
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position starts at $153,550 (yr). Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Senior Technical ConsultantActive Directory Automation C Cloud DevOps Encryption Network security +4
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +5
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs