Senior Security Engineer - Nationwide Opportunity
Seattle, Washington, USA
Security is the epitome of customer obsession!
AWS World Wide Revenue Ops (WWRO) is building out a security team to focus on the fastest growing part of the business. This team will partner with the central AWS security team while building org-specific capabilities. This includes building scalable mechanisms, tools, and products that enable sales & marketing teams to be more secure. The opportunities are huge, and the impact is massive.
We are looking for a Security Engineer who is passionate about security and progressing the vision of security in WWRO. The ideal candidate will be a builder who will need to dive deep into a large number of unknowns, using their security expertise to uncover problems and identify opportunities to build more secure products. You will have the opportunity to engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology and scale, using AWS and a variety of cloud tools.
You will partner with Product and Engineering to build the team's roadmap, taking disparate requests from customers, gathering data, and prioritizing security work that will impact Amazon's millions of customers. Customer Obsession, strong Ownership, and an ability to deal with ambiguity are critical for this role.
As a Security Engineer in AWS Security you will be responsible for a set of long term security outcomes. Your day to day job responsibilities will include:
· Analyzing data sets to perform risk assessments
· Develop tooling and security controls to mitigate risks
· Support design reviews of internal and 3rd party tools to ensure that security objectives are met
· Working across AWS teams to refine your plans and obtain buy-in
· BS in computer science, networking, information systems, computer engineering, or 5+ years of equivalent experience
· 7+ years of experience in network, system, or software architecture; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
· 7+ years of scripting or programming experience in Ruby, Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Java, C/C++, C*, Perl, or other languages
· Knowledge of hardware and software common in large organizations (operating systems, directory services, network topology, ETL, Data lake, continuous integration and release systems, &etc)
· 7+ years of experience in identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
· 7+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: cryptography, database security, large scale system administration or change , ,software development, threat modelling, pen tests, or vulnerability assessments, and network protocols
· Excellent written and verbal communication skill
· Proven track record of delivery
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.