Senior Information Security Engineer
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Lightspeed CommerceThe one-stop commerce platform for retail, hospitality and golf merchants around the world to simplify, scale and provide exceptional customer experiences.
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer to join our team. Within the Security team, you will improve the robustness of our security engineering practices, tools and product while building a healthy security culture across Lightspeed.
The Security team at Lightspeed is responsible for shepherding Lightspeed’s approach to all aspects of Trust & security. Our mission is to cultivate trust with people by keeping their data and systems resilient to threats. As a Senior InfoSec Engineer, you will play a key part in Lightspeed’s continued efforts to cultivate that trust with our staff, retailers and consumers around the world. In this role, you will need to stay on top of the latest threats, technologies and trends that are relevant to us in order to keep our data and systems resilient to threats.
- Implementing and maintaining security solutions to better protect the organization.
- Ingest and parse security events from multiple sources.
- Improve detection workflows with automation and alert enrichments.
- Develop, apply, and refine/tune threat detection rules
- Develop and automate incident response playbooks.
- Analyze data from disparate sources, correlating noise into security events.
- Write detection rules to identify threats specific to our environment.
- Share knowledge and experience with peer teams.
- Develop, document and implement processes for operationalization of security services.
- Maintain and deliver metrics for measurable results and continuous improvements.
- Participate and assist in investigating and responding to an incident.
- Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions.
- Participate in PoC’s and tool evaluations.
What you need to bring:
- Enthusiasm for staying up to date with the very latest updates about security threats and solutions.
- Expertise across a variety of security products including but not limited to SIEM, Log Management, Security Data Lake, SOAR, Threat Intelligence.
- Engineering/Builder/Problem Solver mindset
- Development and scripting experience for automation. (Python, Bash)
- Strong technical experience in cloud technologies, log collection best practice within various environments. (AWS and GCP)
- Experience working closely with architects and Engineering groups.
What’s in for you?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Full suite of benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs