Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NL
At IBM Security, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To detect. To protect. To contain. To collaborate. To prevent. To out think threats. Not just to do something better, but to attempt what some would consider impossible. To lead in this new landscape of security technology and solve some of the world's most challenging security problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Threat Hunting using various toolsets, based on intelligence gathered
• Ability to recognize and research attacks and attack patterns
• Knowledge and experience in analysis of various threat actor groups, attack patterns and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs), deep analysis of threats across the enterprise by combining security rules, content, policy and relevant datasets
• Develop attack detection & response playbooks, counter-measure definition and strategies to mitigate emerging threats
• Conduct cyber threat modelling to improve threat detection & mitigation
• Demonstrable systems thinking and ability to clearly synthesize and communicate complex topics
• Ability to collaborate in a virtual team and interface with multitude of stakeholders within or outside the SOC.
Experience with security devices such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, HIDS/HIPS, anomaly detection, Firewall, Antivirus systems, Endpoint Detection & Response tools and their log output
• Experience in analyzing large data sets
• Experience in using data mining, analytic and visualization tools, such as data lakes (Elastic, HDFS), linux tools (ex. Grep, cut, sort) and regex
• Experience with industrial taxonomies like Cyber Kill Chain, MiTRE’s ATT&CK, MiTRE’s CAPEC, MiTRE’s CAR, NIST, CIF, SANS and STIX 2.0
• Strong communication skills both written and verbally
• Ability to translate security impacts to the wider business
• Ability to understand end-to-end threat landscape of all sectors
• Skills to analyze attack vectors against a particular system to determine attack surface
• Ability to produce contextual attack models applied to a scenario
• Ability to demonstrate intrusion sets using cyber kill-chain and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures
• Ability to co-ordinate with other security focal point during an active incident
• Knowledge of security controls, how they can be monitored, and thwarted
• Knowledge on vulnerability detection and response from Threat Hunting point of view
• Network forensics: network traffic protocols, traffic analysis (i.e. Network flows and PCAP), intrusion detection
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Analytical, logical and Problem-Solving Skills
• Knowledge of cyber security threats, threat actors and their associated TTPs
• Knowledge on OSI layers
• Knowledge on Security Tools in Application, Data, Networks and Endpoint layers
• Knowledge on malware-analysis and malware functionalities
• Knowledge on native system and network policies
• Knowledge on Query structures like Regular Expression, YARA and Snort rule, AQL and KQL types
• Basic knowledge on scripting languages like Bash, Python and PowerShell, etc
• Knowledge of log formats for syslog, http logs, DB logs and how to gather forensics for traceability back to a security event
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Takes an active part in the gathering, analysis, and communication of threat intelligence through the intelligence process
• Provide intelligence briefings to other areas of the business on threats or threat actors and the risk they bring to the environment
• Coordinates the planning, development and production of communication materials using various communication vehicles
• Interface with Security Operational Center (SOC) management and related internal groups for review, production, and dissemination of content
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Firewall Forensics IDS Industrial IPS Linux Malware NIST Python SANS SIEM Threat detection Threat intelligence TTPs