Data Privacy Manager
We’re looking for a data protection and privacy professional to join our Programme & Controls Discipline in London. The role will provide essential support to the business through the provision of advice, oversight and challenge to ensure we maintain adequate data privacy standards across our operations to keep our customers data safe. You’ll do this working as a data privacy SME working with our senior leaders and in conjunction with the central Privacy Office.
Monzo is on an exciting journey to build a bank that makes money work for everyone.We started from scratch in February 2015 and we currently have over 4million customers. We’re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products, making your financial life simpler, and giving you complete control from your smartphone.
You'll spend your time:
- Working across our business areas, supporting them in meeting their data privacy obligations as part of Monzo’s broader data privacy framework
- Providing support and guidance, helping the business manage its data privacy risks
- Working with and driving updates to data privacy assessments, for example leading ‘legal basis’, 'legitimate interest' and data protection impact assessments along side improving and maintaining our records of processing
- Supporting the business with day-to-day advice on data protection, for example designing controls for managing privacy compliance, writing policies/procedures and maturing Monzo's data protection programme in general
- Leading incident responses, including data breach preparedness
- Driving privacy-related awareness and training among employees
You should apply if you:
- Have in-depth experience of the data privacy regulatory landscape - currently the EU General Data Protection Regulation; the Data Protection Act 2018; and the UK Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
- Have broad experience of privacy program design, implementation, and governance - driving the implementation of changes required to meet the requirements of the data privacy regulatory landscape, preferably with consumer-facing services.
- Are pragmatic, comfortable working with ambiguity, analytical and have great attention to detail.
- Are excited about the future of banking and want to work with us to shape it.
- CIPP certification beneficial
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
This role will be based in our London office longer term (post-Covid 19 restrictions)
The closing date for applications for this role is 11th September 2020.
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical written exercise and 2-3 on-site interviews at our office in London or remotely via hangouts. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.