Cyber Security SME
Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer who will perform risk assessments and advise on cybersecurity best practices. Typically, the customer requires help in making an Authority to Operate (ATO) determination in which you will create artifacts for the Authorizing Official to support that determination using FedRAMP or Impact Level requirements following the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Assist each software factory in establishing their specific implementations of the ATO Playbook as well as other associated documentation.
- Define standard artifacts and assessment steps that AO's should use when conducting their ATO assessment.
- Determine if there are elements that should be submitted for ATO before C-ATO can be granted.
- Identify whether we need to generate NIST RMF artifacts and go through the RMF process to obtain ATO
- Seek ATO for any custom containers that are developed for the factories and pipelines.
- Draft C-ATO Playbooks and develop a plan for implementation.
- Coordinate with the AO and the AO's team including SCA's, as appropriate.
- Assessing, documenting, and implementing RMF processes for different types of IS in accordance with the DCSA Assessments and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM). Systems types may include Multi-user Standalone (MUSA), Single-user Standalone (SUSA), Peer-to-Peer (P2P), Isolated Local Area Network (ISOL), and Enterprise Wide Area Network (eWAN) / WAN systems.
- Executing RMF implementation
- Conducting validation services, preparing POA&Ms, and compiling validation results
- Analyzing and defining security requirements
- Providing subject matter expertise for computer security incidents
- Designing, developing, engineering, and/or implementing Information Security (IS) Plans and IS solutions, including penetration tests and vulnerability scans
- Ensuring that all relevant application type IA requirements are incorporated into each new system release or software change request
- 5+ years of experience as a Cyber Security Engineer or similar role
- 5+ years’ experience working with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and shall have taken on DoD systems through an RMF-based authorization process.
- Advanced writing skills: able to clearly articulate ideas for executive level consumption
- Advanced problem-solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with clients.
- Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during client interactions
- An Associate Degree in information security or related discipline
- US Citizenship and an Active Secret Clearance or higher required
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level II Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in information security or related discipline
- DoD TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI eligibility
- The following certifications are desired: CEH, Security +, CISSP, CISM
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.