Senior Cyber Threat Researcher
Can you use Open-source intelligence (OSINT) to infer the security posture of an organization? Do you find reverse-engineering malware fascinating?
Security Scorecard is looking to hire a Senior Cyber Threat Researcher. Our scores all begin with this team, and the signals we collect. This team owns the conception of novel signals to infer the security posture of organizations, their collection techniques, as well as collecting that data at scale. This role will report directly to the Head of Cyber Threat Research & Intelligence.
- Conceive novel signals that infer the security posture of organizations
- Continuously monitor the security landscape for new attack vectors
- Ingest, process, and analyse large amounts of data from various sources and in various forms
- Respond to requests for ad-hoc reporting and research topics
- Develop and refine cyber-threat intelligence collection and analysis processes
- Present relevant findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Plan and deliver initiatives on time and on budget
- Bias towards action. Why wait until tomorrow if something can be done today?
- Coding skills in a higher order language such as Python (must have)
- Ability to parse and process large amounts of data with data processing tools such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of IP based Networking
- Extensive domain knowledge in cyber security, including the ability to speak with authority on the broad threat landscape
- Experience in malware reverse-engineering techniques
- Experience in understanding and analyzing threat actor capabilities and methodologies
- Focused on customers and their needs
- Metrics, data, and results oriented
- Experience communicating and partnering with different levels of product organizations
- Published findings (a plus)
- Solutions Focused
- Customer Centric
- One Scorecard
- Embody Security DNA