Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Analyst
XOR Security is actively seeking a Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Analyst to enable our operational counterparts advanced analytics support to promote the rapid analysis of national level cyber threats and incidents. The hours for the position are Monday through Friday core hours but the ideal candidate will provide technical support on-call to a 24x7 cyber program in the areas of cyber threat intelligence, cyber hunt, and incident response.
Corporate duties such as solution/proposal development, corporate culture development, mentoring employees, supporting recruiting efforts, will also be required. The program is currently operating remotely but will be performed onsite in Alexandria, VA when directed to do so by the customer.
Position is contingent on successfully completing a program-based background investigation.
Schedule: Hybrid - 2 - 3 day remote work with 24 Hour response time as needed - One week on site twice, next week 3 times
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience with a solid understanding of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Tier III senior cyber security analyst performing intelligence analysis, collection management, and technical analysis. Out of those, a minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience that includes host-based and network-based security monitoring using cybersecurity capabilities. Some of the hands-on experience must be recent within the past 2 years.
Note: A Master’s Degree or higher may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
- The candidate must possess a strong cyber security background with experience in: host-based and network-based forensics related to the identification of advanced cyber threat activities, intrusion detection, incident response, malware analysis, security content development (e.g., signatures, rules etc.), and cyber threat intelligence.
- Must have experience in conducting cyber threat analysis, identifying mitigation and remediation courses of action; developing actionable intelligence used to protect organizational IT assets; and trending cyber threat metrics for leadership situational awareness.
- Must have experience in maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the cyber threat landscape, including identifying and analyzing cyber threats actors and activities to enhance cybersecurity posture of the organization’s IT operating environment.
- Ability and experience extracting and managing complex large data sets.
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Active Top Secret Clearance, with SCI eligibility.
- Demonstrated understanding of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including paid health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation - Applicants must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs