Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a Cybersecurity Consultant who will advise clients on strengthening cybersecurity controls and improving compliance with cybersecurity frameworks such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), Risk Management Framework (RMF), PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and others. This position will be located in Herndon, VA.
- Conduct interviews and engage in hands on work to understand and improve client cybersecurity processes, technologies, and configurations.
- Support development and implementation of innovative methods to achieve compliance with government and commercial cybersecurity frameworks.
- Perform cybersecurity gap analyses between client implementations and requirements articulated in cybersecurity frameworks and best practices.
- In some circumstances, create artifacts to support making accreditation decisions to include System Security Plans (SSPs), control matrices, security assessment reports, and Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M)s.
- Work as part of a larger Cybersecurity Team and may support multiple programs at one time.
- A bachelor’s degree in information security or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in consulting, information security, or a related field.
- Advanced writing skills: able to clearly articulate ideas for executive level consumption.
- Advanced problem-solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with clients.
- Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during client interactions.
- U.S. Citizenship and clearable to a Secret clearance or higher.
- The following certifications are desired: CEH, Security +, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC