Senior Security Engineer
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. In the process, we’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency and further cementing ourselves as the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights. By choosing a career at Glassdoor, you’ll be directly contributing toward our vision for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note: This role may be open to remote hiring. Our office locations are in San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Uniontown, OH; London, UK; and Dublin, Ireland.
About the Role
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be improving Glassdoor's security posture and keeping our platform safe for millions of customers around the world! We are looking for someone skilled within Cybersecurity design and implementation of cloud-centric systems and services with multifaceted security requirements. You will partner closely with our internal teams, vendors, and external testers, so proven communication skills are a must. This role is a superb opportunity to be a security champion and drive secure deployment and operations with an enterprise-wide impact!
What You'll Do:
- Design, deploy, manage, and improve critical cloud-centric security infrastructure services/tools for authentication and authorization, PKI, secrets management, logging, detection, vulnerability management and application security
- Own and improve our cloud security posture management
- Partner with multi-functional teams to ensure technology implementation and product development methodology align to information security policies and improve security posture
- Translate industry frameworks and standards into security controls to ensure our technology implementation and product development methodology aligns with our information security policies and improves risk posture
- Protect valuable information and maintain the confidentiality and integrity of data
- Own and improve process and procedural documentation
- Assist with daily activities and functions of the team (including security operations and incident response) to maintain security posture as well as policy and compliance commitments
What You'll Bring:
- Deep experience (5+ years) in security engineering and operations is a must, and in cloud-based product environments is highly preferred
- Relevant industry certifications like AWS, CEH, or GCIH certification are preferred
- Deep knowledge and familiarity with Cybersecurity Framework, including NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, CIS Top 20, MITRE ATT&CK, and OWASP Top Ten
- Must have hands-on expertise operating in an AWS environment with proficiency in architecture and security capabilities in the cloud
- Experience in one or more of these domains is a plus: intrusion detection, incident response, malware analysis, forensics, vulnerability management or container security
- Familiarity with automation techniques using AWS lambda, Python, or similar is helpful
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment and optimally collaborate across teams
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills that clearly articulate to both a technical and functional audience
Compensation and Benefits
Base Salary Range*: $140k - 210K
- Glassdoor base salaries are targeted to the market 75th percentile for technical roles and the 65th percentile for non-technical roles. In other words, 65-75% of comparable organizations in our industry will pay less.
Annual Bonus Target**: 10%
**Bonuses are paid in 6-month intervals, aligning with bi-annual performance reviews
Generous Restricted Stock Units (RSU):
***Restricted Stock Units (RSU) are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, RSU grant awards are presented bi-annually to exceptional performers.
Health and Wellness: 100% employer-paid premiums for employee medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, select well-being programs, along with 80% employer-paid premiums for all dependents.
- Generous paid time off programs for birthing and non-birthing parents are provided, along with paid injury/illness leave and paid family emergency leave.
- Coverage begins at the start of employment. After 48 months of continuous employment, 100% of all premiums for you and your dependents can be employer-paid!
Work/Life Balance: Open Paid Time Off policy, in addition to 15-20 paid company holidays/year
Investing in Your Future: 401(k) plan with a company match up to $5,000 per year, subsidized fertility and family planning services, and discounted legal assistance services.
Our Company Values and Commitments
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback polls are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- Grit: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
US & Ontario Only
Where legally permitted, Glassdoor requires all employees who report to a workplace, or travel and/or attend in-person meetings, including client visits, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at a Glassdoor office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide acceptable proof of vaccination before their first day of employment as a condition of employment. Glassdoor will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, two weeks should have elapsed since receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or since receiving a single dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs