Information Security Engineer
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. With Appian, customers get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted and unified cloud platform.
At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; Empowered by the “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and debate, encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
Appian is seeking talented Security Engineers to join our growing Information Security team. As a Information Security Engineer, you’ll take creative ideas for security projects from the drawing board to building solutions that that our team relies on every day to protect Appian. There’s always a new puzzle that needs to be solved. You will assist with security engineering projects to support security operations, monitoring, and compliance. You will have an opportunity to develop and work on tools and systems that protect Appian’s critical assets from emerging threats as well as evaluate international security concerns, vulnerability management, and industry security regulations.
About the Job:
- Build systems to enable Appian InfoSec to quickly adapt and defend against modern attacker techniques
- Provide analysis and investigation of security related data from a wide range of security products and devices
- Work with various Appian systems to design and implement enhanced detection technologies
- Conduct risk analysis and provide recommendations for remediation or mitigation
- Design and build security tools and processes for scanning, testing, monitoring and reporting
- Conduct security research and present findings to senior engineers and security architects
- Identify, design, and execute on security projects that improve Appian’s intrusion detection and response capabilities
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or related field of study
- Superior academic achievement with a GPA of 3.7 or higher (preferred)
- Programming/scripting in one or more languages (e.g. Java, Python, C/C++)
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux/Unix systems
- General understand network fundamentals and internet protocols (TCP/IP networking and network services DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- You like to dive deep into data to think about creative ways to find anomalies worth investigating
- Bonus: Knowledgeable of cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) , networks, or operating systems
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination