Engineering Manager, Threat Infrastructure
Remote (North America Only)
As a platform company powering businesses all over the world, Stripe processes payments, runs marketplaces, detects fraud, helps entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world. We are looking for an experienced manager to join us and help lead Stripe's Threat Infrastructure Team. As the Threat Infrastructure Engineering Manager, you will manage a team responsible for building investigation platforms and tooling, alert and remediation pipelines, as well as ensuring the reliability and quality of security data collected from various sensors and applications used within security investigations.
At Stripe, we are building a security detection and response infrastructure using data science tooling and big data systems that will help us with scale while making onboarding and analysis of new data easy and transparent. You’ll partner heavily with the various data science teams at Stripe to understand their roadmap and align capabilities for security needs. You’ll also maintain strong partnerships with product and other engineering teams to help convey threat awareness and to collect data requirements for any monitoring and response needs throughout Stripe.
- Possess experience building and leading outstanding, highly technical teams
- Genuinely enjoy helping people develop new skills and advance in their careers
- Understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and prioritize day-to-day operations
- Build and deliver scalable, simple technical solutions
- Develop collaborative relationships across the entire organization at Stripe
- Help the team develop and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Partner with teams that maintain data tooling available at Stripe and determine how to best leverage, modify, or fork them for use by security
- Be metrics driven for reliability, latency and quality related to the detection pipeline both for easy debugging and constant improvement of detection bottlenecks
You might be a fit for this role if you:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in leadership in a large IT organization
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Data pipelines design or heavy consumer of data science tooling and infrastructure
- Have a strong engineering background and are interested in scaled data systems
- Have experience architecting distributed systems built with open source tools.
- Have experience building libraries and tooling that provide beautiful abstractions to users
- Have experience leading teams responsible for tooling such as Kafka, Flink, Airflow and various Notebook technology
- Ability to build strong relationships and drive cross functional projects with engineering partners
- Ability to drive concurrent projects and initiatives while managing operational responsibilities
- An exemplary, user-focused communication style; emphasizing clarity, empathy and accuracy
- Demonstrated success managing/building a remote team
- Ability to deliver capabilities to teams in an iterative manner while building towards a larger vision
- Demonstrated success overseeing internal tool development and automation at scale
- Experience with security technologies including endpoint detection, network technologies, AWS cloud services.
- Understanding of technical requirements needed for an effective detection and response capability
- A willingness to lead by example and participate in the work as necessary