Jr-Mid Level Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, United States
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground,Maryland,United States
Job Title: Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
Primary Location: USA – Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Security Clearance: Active Secret clearance required
Job Type: Regular
Travel: This position may require up to 5% or more travel
An individual must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- U.S. Citizen
- Pass a background investigation
- Possess a security clearance
- Meet education/experience requirements
- Proof of vaccination status or negative COVID test results required for access to certain facilities may be required
- Possess DoD 8570 compliant security certifications to meet IAT requirements (Security+, etc.)
Join OMNI Technologies’ Information System Security Engineering team to help architect and engineer systems that utilize existing and emerging technologies. In this role, you will perform the tasks in coordination with government personnel to provide the cybersecurity support services and solutions necessary to build, integrate, enhance, improve, modernize, implement, test, analyze, assess, sustain, and maintain the cybersecurity posture and capabilities.
General Required Skills:
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with DoD and Army Cybersecurity Policies and Regulations and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process, including the provisions of ICD 503, the planning and execution of Security Test and Evaluation (STE), and Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation (CTE) events
- Advanced experience with SELinux, Linux, and Windows server systems
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and network protocols, like TCP/IP, SSH, SFTP, HTTP, and SCP
- Experience with Cross Domain Systems
- Experience with DIACAP, RMF, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253, and NIST Special Publications
- Experience with the DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), Security Requirements Guides (SRG), and industry best practices for various applications
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Host Based Security Suite (HBSS) applications
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles.
- Knowledge of national and international laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
ISSE Key Job Functions:
OMNI Technologies’ Cybersecurity Engineering team seeks an experienced Information Systems Security Engineer to provide technical expertise with engineering and supporting Accreditation & Authorization (A&A) efforts. In this role, you will:
- Participates in the research, analysis, design, testing, and implementation of complex computer network security/protection technologies for company information and network systems/applications.
- Assists customers in identifying security solutions for the company's networks and virtual private networks, application systems, key public infrastructures, authentication, and directory services to ensure the security of the network and confidential data. Performs periodic vulnerability scans of networks to identify security vulnerabilities and provides remediation alternatives and conducts security risk assessments to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and adherence to best practices.
- Designs enterprise and systems security throughout the development lifecycle; translates technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into security designs and processes.
- Provides subject matter expertise and analysis to bridge the gap between high-level security requirements and policies and ensures their integration into information technology component products and information systems through purposeful security design or configuration.
- Provide security consultation/guidance and engineering to PM product owners, customers, system owners, and developers, and maintain security process coordination within the Department's lifecycle management and governance process.
- Hands-on experience designing of secured systems architecture deployed to DoD on-premise and Cloud secured architectures, hands-on securing Development/Test/Deployment environments, hands-on System Security Engineering, and assisting Information Systems Security Manager/Officer (ISSM/ISSO) Services throughout the system Assessment and Authorization processes.
- Develop/integrate cybersecurity designs for systems and networks with multilevel security requirements or requirements for processing multiple classification levels of data primarily applicable to government organizations (e.g., UNCLASSIFIED, SECRET, and TOP SECRET).
- Perform operational support and development for system environments and provide product recommendations for security technologies.
- Must be willing to travel, as needed, up to 25%.
- Years of experience: Five (5) to Ten (10)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree – Degree can be substituted with five years of relevant experience.
- Certifications: IAT/IAM II
- Years of experience: Zero (0) to Five (5)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred – Degree can be substituted with relevant experience.
- Certifications: IAT/IAM II
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, and Life Insurance Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – 4% Employer match of employee contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holidays - All employees are given six (6) paid days off and four (5) floating holidays in observance of the U.S. federal holidays
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) - 100% funded ($6,500 individual/ $13,000 family)
- Employee Referral Program - Employee referral bonus is paid for eligible candidates after 90 days of employment
- Education Assistance & Continuing Education Program - Employees can use up to $5,000 annually toward continuing education, certifications, training, and conference attendance
- Community Outreach - Employees who volunteer 40 (or more) hours a year to community service or OMNI Community Outreach events receive a cash bonus
Apply to this job
Tags: C Clearance Clearance Required Cloud Compliance DIACAP DoD DoDD 8570 Governance IAM ICD 503 ISSE Linux Network security NIST Risk management Security Clearance SSH TCP/IP Top Secret Vulnerabilities Vulnerability scans Windows
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs