Security Engineer, Operations
Mountain View, CA
We're seeking a seasoned Security Engineer who can help develop solutions to tackle security challenges to protect employee and consumer data. You will collaborate with our engineering, DevOps, IT teams and also help design, build, test, and implement information security technologies and infrastructure.
- You will help select and manage applications related to data protection, network security, threat monitoring, and security operations including incident responses and investigations.
- Your job will also span challenges including Bring Your Own Device security and protocols, office networks and security architecture for an international multi-office corporation.
- Keeping the network and corporation secure ensures that our employees and customers stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services, and that our customer and employee data are fully secure.
- Proven work experience as a security engineer
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems including Data Loss Prevention, Mobile Device Management, and Anti-Malware
- Very strong logic and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with network protocols and their weaknesses
- Working knowledge of OWASP Top 10 and how to exploit them
- Working knowledge of static and dynamic code analysis tools
- Working knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools
- Working knowledge of DLP and SIEM tools
- Passion to automate existing processes using modern scripting language or automation tools
- Knowledge of incident response phases and concepts
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, scoping, containing and eradicating real-world threats
- Experience in performing initial triage & fact identification
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams to mitigation, remediation & clean up to addressing each incident
- Experience in identifying the root cause and contributing factors and driving necessary changes to ensure the issue won’t resurface
- Experience in documenting the incident and lessons learned.
- Prior working experience with HIPAA/HITRUST/NIST/ISO/GDPR/CCPA requirements and standards ● One of more certifications in the security field. (CISSP/CCNA/CCNP/CCSK/CERT-Certified Computer Security Incident Handler/GIAC Incident Handler)
- Familiar with threat models for large, distributed systems and cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience managing large healthcare-related incidents
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter. Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. With our growing member base of over 200,000 people with chronic conditions, your work can truly improve lives on a national scale.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.