Federal Project Manager - Cyber Security (Secret Clearance)
Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
Elastic is growing its Federal Services Team to support our largest Department of Defence customer in the DC Metro area as well as various other locations across the U.S. and internationally. Elastic is currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to lead project engagement with our largest Federal customer.
An active U.S. Federal security clearance is required and as you'll be traveling for this position to deliver consultancy engagements onsite
If you are an experienced Program or Project Manager that is looking for a role in support of the United States Department of Defence, we want to talk to you.
The successful candidate will be happy working on their own initiative and will not require micro-management. Most of the team works remotely, and we are happy to consider you wherever you live. Do you want to see the world? Do you want to meet lots of new people and teach engineers how to use Elasticsearch? Come join us at Elastic!What You Will Be Doing:
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal teams, Stakeholders and third parties/vendors
- Develop comprehensive project plans to monitor and track progress
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Active U.S. Federal security clearance - Secret or higher
- 5+ Years Working in the U.S. Federal/SLED environment as an Program Manager or Project Manager
- Clear, concise, timely, and accurate communications (both written and verbal) with the right audience. Drives business and technical discussions.
- Worked with applications such as Monday.com or MS Project to name a few
- Creates Project Management Plan, including project milestones/timelines, manages project hours
- Runs all project-related meetings
- Ensures team is committing appropriately and delivering according to commitments
- We are looking for someone based within driving distance to Ft Meade, Maryland
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization. Strong communication, relationship building, and organization skills
- PMP Certification a plus
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Felix Wittern, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which your skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.