Network Security Engineer (Firewall Automation)
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER (FIREWALL AUTOMATION)
SpaceX is looking for a Network Security Engineer with knowledge of network security technologies (firewalls, VPNs, IDS/IPS, etc.) and programming capability. This employee will be a member of the Information Security team and will focus on automating our security infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be flexible, excel at multi-tasking, and flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess the ingenuity to excel in this position.
- Develop and implement network security tools and automation using Python
- Manage firewall configurations within the SpaceX enterprise network based on operational requirements
- Analyze and proactively come up with creative network solutions for operational needs that present security challenges.
- Manage and maintain network security systems by applying system patches and other periodic maintenance tasks.
- Work with other SpaceX teams to determine functional needs and communicate security policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information security, computer science, engineering or similar technical field of study, OR 1 year of network security experience without a degree
- Hands on experience programming in Python
- Professional or academic experience with firewalls
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced Python programming ability
- Strong understanding of network security technologies, their operation and limitations, including:
- Firewalls (Juniper and Palo Alto preferred)
- Network IDS/IPS Solutions
- Switch/Router ACLs
- Network Access Control solutions
- IPSec and TLS -based VPNs
- Familiarity with networking protocols and the OSI Model.
- Experience testing and implementing changes in a production environment.
- Adept at learning new technologies and systems.
- Strong self-starting and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.