Cyber Threat Analyst
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
MaverisMaveris is an IT and cybersecurity company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector.
Maveris is an IT and cybersecurity services company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector. We have an opening for a full-time, permanent Cyber Threat Analyst to join our talented, dynamic team in support of a large Federal Government customer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Cyber Threat Analyst will support the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC). They will provide reporting and notifications regarding potential threats to the customer. These threats include specific malware, software/hardware vulnerabilities, and various actor sets. The audience for this reporting ranges from the executive level to the non-IT staff of the organization. A variety of reporting is done on daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual basis. Tasking of a given day will depend on both the threat landscape and information available on that day as well as when that day falls within the cycle of reporting.
- Convey technical information to groups of stakeholders with varying degrees of technical acumen.
- Write documents varying in length between short synopses and long form, annual reports is required.
- Create and present presentations for large groups is required.
- Meet strict deadlines for document production is required.
- Familiarity with Teams or similar communications software is a must. The team is geographically disbursed and relies on these platforms to facilitate work.
- Experience with threat reporting, especially nation-state actors.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with system, network, or security administration is desirable.
- Experience with different groups, both within a SOC and through the broader organization, for crafting of messaging is desirable.
- Experience working collaboratively on documents, reports, and presentations is desirable.
- The ideal candidate should be able to distill complex ideas and concerns for managerial decision making, but retain the depth of technical knowledge to address comments, questions, and concerns from technical staff.
Maveris attracts and retains talent of the highest caliber by offering opportunities to work in exciting and challenging environments surrounded by bright minds. Our employees are our most prized asset and are rewarded with highly competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Maveris offers exceptional, mission-focused solutions to organizations facing highly complex IT, digital, and cyber security challenges. Our success is achieved by maintaining an environment of trust where people are encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Every candidate that applies to Maveris brings something unique to the table, and because our team is diverse, we consistently meet our goals and exceed client expectations. If you are a highly-motivated person with a willingness to learn, we invite you to apply today to join our team!
To learn more about employee benefits visit www.maveris.com.
For company updates and the latest job postings check us out on LinkedIn.
If you'd like to read about some of our research and projects head over to Maveris Labs.
Want a more behind the scenes view? Check out our blog Maveris Insights to learn more about the team behind the solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Other jobs like this
TCW01CDA2 - Mid-Level Cyber Defense Analyst - ClearedArcSight AWS Azure CEH Cloud Cyber defense GCIA +10
401(k) matching Health care Insurance Startup environment Team events
Security Analyst - 14 monthsAnsible Application security Audits Automation Azure Burp Suite CI/CD +12
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Senior Information Security AnalystActive Directory Analytics Audits Azure Cloud Compliance IDS +10
Career development Flex hours Health care Insurance Relocation support +1
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs