Cloud Security Engineer
United States, San Diego, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Cloud Security Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
The Business and Finance Systems Infrastructure team exists to provide exceptional hosting and infrastructure support for critical services at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE).
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you’ll be working as the technical lead on various cloud initiatives through all phases of design, implementation, and support. While contributing at a high level technically, this role will also require a passion for customer service demonstrated through problem solving, customer empathy and communication. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that is eager to learn by taking on new challenges, while also demonstrating an equal commitment to helping others grow.
What you'll be doing:
- Acting as technical lead for many security cloud initiatives - you’ll engineer, implement and maintain core security processes for critical business & finance services.
- Embrace automation with tooling that will streamline our internal security processes. You’ll seek for ways to make us more secure as we build, maintain, and monitor our systems.
- Ensure all systems and services meet our high security standards by selecting and implementing security controls for our cloud infrastructure.
- Be able to work well with others including with the wider IT teams and business units.
- Maintain high standards of documentation and adhere to processes and standards.
- Be comfortable being the sole resource on projects.
What we're looking for:
- Educated to Degree Level in a technical related field or have equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ Years’ experience of working in a professional IT environment with hands-on experience and demonstrated success in delivering of projects.
- Ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global operations.
- Strong experience in Vulnerability Management and Risk Assessment.
- Strong experience in implementing CIS Benchmarks and system hardening.
- Strong experience with Enterprise Cloud Security Applications like Qualys, Prism, and Carbon Black.
- Experience in Linux installation, configuration and management.
- Experience in implementing AWS standard security methodologies.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and PowerShell.
- A can-do demeanor with the ability to collaborate with others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management with a passion for technology and a desire to grow and learn.
- Willing and able to compromise, ability to listen and understand other perspectives.
- Pro-active and self-managing.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with a keen eye for detail.
- A natural interest in learning and understanding multiple systems and tools.
- Able to identify and develop opportunities to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new ways of working through continuous process improvement practices.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Perks/benefits: Flex hours
Other jobs like this
Senior Security EngineerApplication security Automation Banking Cloud Pentesting Product security SAML +2
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs