Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada or Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a talented Security Researcher - Managed Detection & Response to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, the leader in security operations, is a fast-growing company in an exciting and fast-growing industry—Cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf ranks #25 on the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in 2019! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are considered among the 2020 Best Places to Work by bizjournals.com.
At Arctic Wolf, we believe in corporate responsibility. Our offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities, and we earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.About the Team The mission of Arctic Wolf Labs is to develop cutting-edge technology and tools that are designed to enhance the company’s core mission to end cyber risk, while also bringing comprehensive security intelligence to Arctic Wolf’s customer base and the security community-at-large. Leveraging the more than two trillion security events the Arctic Wolf Security Operations Cloud ingests, parses, enriches, and analyzes each week, Arctic Wolf Labs is responsible for performing threat research on new and emerging adversaries, developing advanced threat detection models, and driving improvement in the speed, scale, and detection abilities of Arctic Wolf’s solution offerings. The Arctic Wolf Labs team comprises security and threat intelligence researchers, data scientists, and security development engineers with deep domain knowledge in artificial intelligence (AI), security R&D, as well as advanced threat offensive and defensive methods and technologies. About the Role This posting is for a Security Developer within the Detection & Response team. The team researches and curates alerts and reports for their surface area. They look at new and emerging threats to identify the investments Arctic Wolf should be making to improve our threat detection capabilities. Their overarching goal is to help us make security better for our clients every day. This role works with team members, Product Management, Security Services and various other specialists to continuously improve the coverage and efficacy of our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) solution. Responsibilities Include:
- Research and develop expertise in the various threat surfaces and telemetry available for them
- Propose coverage and efficacy improvements to the detection surface
- Work with team members to develop novel detections and continuously tune existing ones
- Participate in the full software development life cycle
- Build well-designed, testable, efficient and secure code
- Build runbooks, reports and supporting material for detection surface
- Document research findings and knowledge share with team and other departments
We use and train a variety of technologies in Detection & Response. The ideal candidate has a blend of security research and development experience. Candidates who are interested in security detections/protections and have experience with the technologies below or similar are encouraged to apply for this position. Understanding the basic workings of a security operation center is preferred.
Preferred experience in the development of security products/systems with a focus on 2 or more of the following key areas:
- IaaS/PaaS/SaaS Security Research
- Cloud Architecture
- GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- SaaS services such as Microsoft365, Microsoft Defender, Google Suite
- Cloud Security Operations (CloudSecOps)
- Development and research of anomaly and behavioural based detections
- Email Security (Microsoft Exchange, Proofpoint TAP, Mimecast)
- Tuning and optimization of detections for all the above
- Test Driven Development
- Full understanding and use of DevOps methods/tooling
- Full understanding/application of secure development practices
- Agile (SCRUM/Kanban)
The interview process is approximately as follows:
Phone pre-screening: A recruiter contacts you to briefly discuss your work history and provide an overview of Arctic Wolf. Approximately 30 minutes.
Technical assessment: A recruiter sends you a link to a straightforward technical assessment that is relevant to the role you are applying for. Approximately 1 hour.
Face-to-face interviews: Several team members conduct two interviews to learn more about you and provide more information about your potential role and team. Be prepared to collaborate on a technical problem and talk more about past projects and your career goals. Approximately 1 hour per interview.
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other jobs like this
Senior Security EngineerApplication security Automation Banking Cloud Pentesting Product security SAML +2
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs