Cyber Defense Analyst - Analytics Developer
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
MaverisMaveris is an IT and cybersecurity company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector.
Maveris is an IT and cybersecurity services company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector. We have an opening for a full-time, permanent Cyber Defense Analyst - Analytics Developer to join our talented, dynamic team in support of a large Federal Government customer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Cyber Defense Analyst - Analytics Developer will support the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC).
As a Cyber Defense Analyst - Analytics Developer supporting Maveris programs, you will develop cybersecurity detection analytics in order to better identify adversarial behavior. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Reviews and analyzes log files from various sources such as SIEM, packet captures, and endpoints to identify methods for detecting adversary activity
- Applies techniques for detecting host and network-based intrusions using intrusion detection technologies
- Develops and executes custom scripts to identify host-based indicators of compromise
- Provides targeted attack detection and analysis, including the development of custom signatures and log queries and analytics for the identification of targeted attacks
- Recommends remediation activities to secure the source or initial point of access of intrusion
- Provides executive level cyber security recommendations along with security engineering recommendations and custom solutions to counter adversarial activity
- Provides identification of obfuscation techniques
- Experience with conducting analysis of cybersecurity events. Experience with doing this for Federal Government agencies is a plus.
- Experience with cyber event analyst tools such as Splunk, McAfee, and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (MDE)
- Knowledge of and ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation)
- Knowledge of vulnerability information dissemination sources (e.g., alerts, advisories, errata, and bulletins) and ability to utilize cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools
- Knowledge of adversarial tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Knowledge of cyber attackers (e.g., script kiddies, insider threat, non-nation state sponsored, and nation sponsored)
- An understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework and Cyber Kill Chain methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in technology-related field - equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- GIAC certifications such as Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Forensics Examiner (GCFE), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Certified Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA), GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence (GCTI), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM) are a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of peers
Maveris attracts and retains talent of the highest caliber by offering opportunities to work in exciting and challenging environments surrounded by bright minds. Our employees are our most prized asset and are rewarded with highly competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Maveris offers exceptional, mission-focused solutions to organizations facing highly complex IT, digital, and cyber security challenges. Our success is achieved by maintaining an environment of trust where people are encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Every candidate that applies to Maveris brings something unique to the table, and because our team is diverse, we consistently meet our goals and exceed client expectations. If you are a highly-motivated person with a willingness to learn, we invite you to apply today to join our team!
To learn more about employee benefits visit www.maveris.com.
For company updates and the latest job postings check us out on LinkedIn.
If you'd like to read about some of our research and projects head over to Maveris Labs.
Want a more behind the scenes view? Check out our blog Maveris Insights to learn more about the team behind the solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other jobs like this
BP19ISSE3 - Sr. Level Information System Security Engineer - ClearedAudits C CCSP CISSP Compliance Computer Science Intrusion detection +4
401(k) matching Health care Insurance
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs