Staff Security Engineer, Threat Intelligence
RobinhoodRobinhood has commission-free investing, and tools to help shape your financial future. Sign up and get your first stock free. Limitations and fees may apply.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood’s Security Engineering Organization is looking for Security Engineers to join our Intelligence and Investigations team.
The Intelligence and Investigations Team is focused on protecting, detecting, and responding to and from threats to Robinhood, our customers, our data and systems. We collaborate across the business to build detection capabilities and analyze how abuse happens so that we can stay ahead of our threat actors.
You will investigate complicated cyber-attacks, searching for the fingerprints of threat actors, fraud rings, APTs and cyber-crime groups. You will conduct analysis, attribution of tools and infrastructures, and extraction of IOCs. You will collaborate with other researchers, developers, and engineers to uplevel our capabilities.
The Intelligence and Investigations team is looking for a security engineer who is deeply passionate about this space to build the systems, lead the hunts, analyze the data, and run investigations to fuel this critical team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Lead threat intelligence and incident response for complex cases, identify enforcement strategies.
- Uplevel our ability to understand advanced threat actors and the tools they use.
- Hunt for currently undetected abuse by leveraging internal data, open-source intelligence and third party private intelligence.
- Design effective strategies to prevent or disrupt abuse at scale and consult on mitigations to effect those strategies.
- Inform our understanding of previously unidentified threat types through the production of strategic and tactical intelligence, and its dissemination to the appropriate audiences.
- Build, cultivate and maintain positive relationships with internal customers to identify and facilitate solutions to increase the impact of the team's work
- Be the face of and subject matter expert for the services your team provides to Legal, Compliance, Regulatory, and Executive teams
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of work experience in intelligence, cybersecurity, threat research, and/or related functions
- Experience with data analysis tools, databases and querying languages (SQL, MySQL)
- Experience investigating and acting on high-impact threats and online threat actors
- Experience thinking like the adversary, and to anticipate threat actors’ moves
- Experience thinking critically and qualify assessments with solid communications skills
- Extensive experience with common threat intelligence tools
- Proficiency with Python scripting and use of Python notebooks
- Highly familiar with one or more of the following:
- Classical threat intelligence (IOCs, hunting, reporting, visualization)
- Interdisciplinary research of threat actors and groups
- Malware research
- Incident response and digital forensics
- Experience in the Financial Sector
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job’s working model.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs