Cloud Security Engineer
Full Time Senior-level / Expert Clearance required USD 82K - 140K *
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Cloud Engineer to support an Agency-level enterprise cyber program. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Security Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To support the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in security engineering and systems administration. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of complexities related to cloud security, Operations and Maintenance (O&M), cloud brokering, and cloud infrastructure implementation.
Washington D.C., USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- Microsoft Azure
- 2-4 years of experience in cloud environments focused on security
- 2-4 years of experience in security engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of information security, cloud security, systems engineering, big data, or the various sciences related to enterprise technology.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge in information security, cloud security, systems engineering, big data, or the various sciences related to enterprise technology.
- Participate in the improvement of agency's overall security posture and mission capabilities with the adoption of cloud computing technologies.
- The Contractor shall actively participate in discussions to coordinate and align mission/business objectives and cloud technological capabilities to allow continued technology modernization within the agency.
- Participates as needed in all phases of systems security engineering with emphasis on the planning, analysis, security, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
- Provide support to understand and develop system requirements and technical solutions for cybersecurity engineering based on system architectures.
- Support the maturation of agency's enterprise architecture to align with the Commission's information security and risks to the organizational operations, organizational assets, and individuals.
- Develop alternatives of system designs and/or architectures which consider trade-offs between security requirements, functional/operational requirements and cost
- Identify and define the requirements of the overall security of the network.
- Plan, engineer, and monitor overall security implementation of network systems.
- Support in configuring and implementing network security tools.
- Test and provide solutions for system weaknesses, threats, security issues.
- Research and identify latest suitable technologies and processes that will improve the overall security of the system.
- Regularly audit the existing network configuration and provide improvement recommendations.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Other jobs like this
Security Engineer Services , Devices and Services Security - Detection and PreventionAutomation AWS Bash C Computer Science Cryptography EC2 +11
Career development Flex hours Team events
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs