Security Engineer, Incident Response
United States - Remote
Come help us build the world's most trusted on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're building a team of great minds to help us secure and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s multi-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and drivers.About the Role
The Information Security team is looking for a Security Engineer who will focus on security incident management and response, leading tabletop exercises, and producing runbooks to help streamline incident management. You will be a part of our inclusive, collaborative team responsible for building a safe and reliable delivery network. On the Security team we need to protect all of our customers, as well as the logistics engine itself. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Respond to security incidents and strategize how to prevent the same type of incidents from reoccurring in the future.
- Actively monitor, analyze and correlate security event activity, perform research, and provide in-depth incident and root-cause analysis.
- Prepare post-mortem reports of incidents and present findings to the broader security organization.
- Create runbooks to ensure the smooth handling of common security incidents.
- Demonstrate strong composure while running cases with a balance of urgency, intensity, and focus.
- Lead and participate in incident response tabletop exercises to validate and improve existing processes and procedures and train incident response staff to understand their roles and responsibilities during an incident.
- Participate and support on-call rotation
- 3+ years of combined experience as an incident commander, infrastructure engineer, or system administrator in an information security discipline.
- Significant exposure to incident response and familiarity with the phases involved in the incident response lifecycle from start to finish (e.g., preparation, identification, containment, eradication, recovery, and lessons learned)
- Experience with a broad range of technologies including endpoint detection, network technologies, and SIEM.
- Breadth of technical experience across various infrastructure and security areas running in large production environments.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Python, Java, shell scripting)
- Exceptional analytical and investigative abilities with hands-on experience leading root-cause analysis.
- Experience solving complex, systemic issues that require creative thinking and solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of driving improvements to a company’s security posture.
- Expertise with cloud infrastructure and management in AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you can explain security design with respect to cloud infrastructure to security and engineering personnel.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $153,000 - $182,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs