LB62ISSE1 - Jr. Security Engineer - Cleared
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States
Large software development project developing, operating, and maintaining critical enterprise capabilities. Project includes development and support for existing systems in parallel with effort to develop and deliver modernized cloud native, microservice-based products. Team applies Agile methodology, DevOps principles and behavior and test-driven development practices.
• Candidate will work with a diverse team of Information Security professionals to ensure the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for multiple information systems throughout the lifecycle. Must possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the intent of the security controls required to obtain, manage, and monitor all security aspects of an information system from cradle-to-grave.
• Candidate is required to coordinate day-to-day security operations of the information systems with System Administrators, System Engineers, and Developers, as well as providing system vulnerability testing utilizing COTS based tools. Position serves to interpret and develop security policies, provide guidance to other security engineers, lead security meetings, gather and report program Information Security metrics, and serve as the program ISSO/ISSE representative at key stakeholder meetings with customer representatives.
• Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, reviewing, analyzing and documenting the secure implementation of logical controls, physical controls, environmental controls, personnel security, incident handling, security relevant changes, continuous monitoring activities, audit log review and analysis and reporting. The candidate is responsible for developing SOPs and provide security training and awareness of the Information System to both privileged and non-privileged users. Must have a proven ability to communicate the intent of operational, technical and management security controls with all levels of stakeholders of an Information System to achieve accreditation and secure operations of national level systems.
• Will apply current computer science technologies and IA requirements to the analysis, design, development, evaluation, and integration of computer/communication systems and networks to maintain an acceptable system security posture throughout the lifecycle of multiple national level mission systems.
• Coordinate and work with various system stakeholders to determine the applicable security/IA requirements based on the intent of the security requirements.
TS/SCI with poly required
Seven (7) years of experience in a technical role, providing technical expertise for software intensive projects. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or similar degree is required. An additional four (4) years of additional technical experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP or ability to obtain within 6 months of starting
• Experience managing and maintaining System Security Plans (SSPs) from inception through decommissioning following the Risk Management Framework process for national level systems.
• Coordinate with program management and other stakeholders to track and maintain risks associated with multiple Information Systems to ensure compliance with all IA requirements and national level directives.
• Experience with analysis, disposition, and evaluation of both hardware and software
• Experience with Nessus Manager, Security Center, and Linux command line
o CASP, CISSP, CISA, GCED, GCIH or GSEC
• Knowledge of Cloud Architecture and Cloud Security implementation
• Knowledge in Multi-level Security systems and operations with special requirements
•Experience in the management and maintenance of systems required to satisfy the Certification and Accreditation requirements is highly desired.
- Health & Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Matching
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Hiring Bonuses
- Referral Recruitment Program
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Other jobs like this
Jr-Mid Level Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)C Clearance Clearance Required Cloud Compliance DoD DoDD 8570 +14
401(k) matching Career development Health care Salary bonus Team events
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs