Principal Consultant, PCI QSA | Remote US
CoalfireCoalfire is the cybersecurity advisor that combines extensive cloud expertise, technology, and innovative approaches to help clients develop scalable programs that improve their security posture and fuel their continued success.
Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do.
We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And we’re growing fast.
We’re looking for a Principal to support our Technology PCI team.
The Principal is a highly technical “hands-on” expert who understands matrix/complex business operations, information technology and security. The Principal will work as part of a team assessing the security and compliance of client firms against regulatory and industry requirements and standards, and against security best practice frameworks. This role will have an expert understanding of framework requirements, perform audit/assessments, and develop reports for clients. They have the ability to navigate & assess complex security systems that impact multiple infrastructure domains across client operations. They will work closely with Project Managers, Directors and other Delivery team members to effectively manage project timelines and deliverables. The Principal is also a subject matter expert (SME) for escalations, sales/marketing support driving practice profitability and revenue. This role will work as part of a delivery team with responsibilities including: identifying process improvements, training personnel on methodologies/tools and quality topics, mentoring and thought leadership. This role will also develop and deliver industry specific training, including speaking/presenting at conferences, creating white-papers, and custom presentations/webinars. This role will also partner closely with sales and account management teams to support the client relationship and sales process. Support management of client satisfaction at all phases of the client relationship.
What You'll Do
- Leads audits/assessments including audit plan preparation, review of documentation and evidence, evaluation of procedures, and client interviews.
- Prepare, review and approve advisory or assessment reports.
- Manage priorities, tasks and hours on projects in conjunction with the project manager to achieve delivery utilization targets.
- Ensures quality products and services are delivered on time per Coalfire quality standards.
- Escalates client and project issues to management in a timely manner to inform and engage the necessary resources to address the issue
- Provide mentorship to team members in areas of audit, assessment, technical review and writing.
- Interfaces with clients through entire engagement, interacting with all levels of client organizations. Establish and maintain positive collaborative relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous professional development in maintaining industry specific certifications. Maintains strong depth of knowledge in the practice area.
- Collaborates with project managers, quality management, sales and other delivery team members to drive customer satisfaction and meet project deliverables.
- Establishes account relationships and identifies upsell and cross sell opportunities and escalates to sales.
- Work collaboratively with a team of assessors as a compliance expert in at least one area of expertise and drive the planning of assessment for clients
- Draft audit programs that sufficiently address both the required objectives of the certification body and the complexity of the client environment
- Leads interview and inquiry walkthroughs with clients to determine the conformity of environments against stated requirements
- Mentor junior members of the team and may provide training for new hires
- Assess security vulnerabilities against the appropriate security frameworks
- Pursues and corroborates conclusions derived from inquiry procedures with client while ensuring diligent interview notes are captured
- Offline and remote evidence inspection of client provided documentation; appropriately mark artifacts requiring follow-up or additional clarification
- Assess client provided documentation for compliance with a variety of standards
- Educate and interpret compliance activities for clients
- Collaborates with project managers, quality management and/or other delivery team members to drive customer satisfaction and meet project deliverables.
- Build professional and meaningful relationships while managing customer expectations and deliverables
- Execute, examine, interview and test procedures in accordance with the appropriate control
- Ensure cyber security policies are adhered to and that required controls are implemented
- Validate respective information system security plans to ensure control requirements are met
- Understands how to apply quality standards and adheres to a minimum benchmark for quality assurance throughout the documentation of each work product or deliverable
- Provides advice to customers on issues affecting the scope of work in a manner that provides additional value
- Develop documentation and author recommendations associate with your findings on how to improve the customer’s security posture in accordance with appropriate controls
What You'll Bring
- Expertise in PCI security framework and regulatory requirements (benefit to have knowledge of SOC 2, ISO, NIST, COBIT, HIPAA/HITECH, HITRUST)
- Experience working with technologies hosted via cloud computing environments (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- The ability to evaluate the design and effectiveness of technology controls throughout the business cycle
- Demonstrated ability to structure and lead projects successfully
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate succinctly and instill confidence with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Exceptional Consulting skills: ability to advise and challenge the status quo while building strong relationships
- Ability to collaborate and lead without direct authority
- Ability to build high-trust relationships, rapport and credibility quickly
- Strong personal initiative to appropriately manage time, and manage time of others, to meet deadlines.
- Ability to shift focus frequently while maintaining excellent quality
- Skill and will to train and mentor junior staff
- Computer and typing skills that permit rapid data collection and note taking
- Ability to facilitate meetings to small or large groups
- Public speaking and executive presence that solicits attention
- Inquisitive and curious nature with the ability to effectively probe for deeper information
- Diplomatic and broad minded
- Strong technical researcher
- Bachelor's degree (four-year college or university) or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Degree preferably in Information Systems, CIS, MIS or IT.
- CISSP, CISA or CISM certification
- Current or former PCI-QSA certification
At Coalfire, you’ll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where you’ll work most effectively – whether you’re at home or an office.
Regardless of location, you’ll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. You’ll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And you’ll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, and comprehensive insurance options.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $104,000 to $179,600 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs.
Other jobs like this
Sr. Security Consultant for Aerospace & Satellite Professional Services , Aerospace & Satellite Professional ServicesAutomation AWS Bash C CASP CISSP Cloud +17
Career development Conferences Flex hours Team events
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs