Cybersecurity Technical Lead - Engineering
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
DatacomLeverage Datacom's information technology consultants to unlock opportunities for your organisation. Learn about Australasia's largest homegrown tech company.
In the Cybersecurity Engineering team at Datacom, we help secure and monitor our client environments, our goal is to Identify, Protect, Detect and Respond to existing or emergent threats or vulnerabilities and aid in the Recovery from any Cybersecurity incidents. We provide services to a wide variety of clients and government departments across Australia and New Zealand.
Datacom is evolving. We offer opportunity for IT security professionals interested in career growth and keen to stay on top of the latest technologies. You will work within a large team of professionals with opportunity to progress and gain industry certifications and experience across a very wide range of technical environments.
About the Role
As a Tech Lead in our Cybersecurity Projects and Engineering team, your role will be to lead and deploy Cybersecurity solutions to enable the monitoring, management and assessment of the client environments. As part of the deployment process those systems will be transitioned to the analyst teams that will be monitoring the client environments, and to the teams that will be maintaining them.
While the deployment activities are largely project based, CDOC is always looking to improve both the deployment process itself, and the product implementations we are delivering, so the role is not exclusively project based.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the Cybersecurity field and is looking to build a career in this space. You will have at least 5 years’ experience in IT roles with significant experience with Cyber Security technologies and products. You will have a solid understanding of SIEM platforms, EDR technologies and Vulnerability Management, along with a good understanding of the underpinnings that hold it all together such as Wintel/Linux capability, scripting, networks, firewalls, proxies, virtualisation and cloud technologies. Experience with Endpoint controls, NBAD, DLP concepts and technologies would be beneficial and exposure to Security Orchestration and Automation methodologies would be highly regarded.
What You’ll Do
- Specification and design of solutions for new clients in conjunction with the CDOC Architects and client representatives
- Implementation of designed solutions to bring clients “onboard” in coordination with CDOC and client PMs around activities, resourcing and timelines.
- Creation of deployment and handover documentation for CDOC and other required support teams as well as performing “go live” handover meetings for any required support teams
- Define and improve the processes for new service onboarding
- Develop and document requirements, capabilities, and constraints for design procedures and processes.
- Working closely with the Analysts, Platforms, Solution Specialists and Automation Engineers providing feedback, requirements and suggesting process improvements
- Be the technical escalation point for other CDOC Project Engineers, along with mentoring and guiding them at a technical level.
What you’ll bring
- A security focused mindset.
- A passion for designing and building solutions that work well and effectively meet the client requirements
- A commitment to continuous improvement, of yourself, of the team, of the implementations, and of the ways the solutions are implemented
- The ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner within and across teams and across multiple levels of technical capability
- The capability to work across multiple projects at various stages of completion
- An appreciation for the agile methodology
- A mindset towards automation and scripting wherever possible
- An openness to learning new technologies, capabilities and products
- Be the escalation point and lead for our Customers and Engineers
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers on a technical level
- Contribute to Product Development
We look at a wide range of capability and if you have any of the below experiences we want to hear from you!
- Technical capability and experience with SIEM deployments (ideally Splunk and/or Sentinel), their use and capabilities
- Technical capability and experience with EDR deployments (ideally CrowdStrike and/or Defender), their use and capabilities
- Technical capability and experience with Vulnerability assessment / management deployments (ideally Rapid 7), and familiarity with the vulnerability assessment / management process.
- Technical capability and experience with operating systems such as Windows and Linux
- Technical capability and experience with scripting and programming languages
- Experience with networking devices, Firewalls (ideally Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto and/or zScaler) and proxies, etc
- Experience with Virtualisation and Azure/AWS cloud technologies
- Experience with and appreciation of the significance of the ITIL change management processes
What's on Offer?
You'll have plenty of real opportunities to widen your professional skills and develop greater business acumen. We pride ourselves on providing our staff numerous training and career opportunities during their time with us; our adaptability relies on this.
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.4 billion, this makes us one of Australasia's largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
Due to the nature of the role and the clients you will be working with, you would ideally be an NZ Citizen/Permanent Resident and have the ability to pass additional security clearances, however, for the right candidate, we would consider will consider a Work Visa, provided the appropriate clearances can be obtained. Datacom do consider work visas more widely for other opportunities across Datacom so please keep an eye on our careers page for any roles of interest.
Other jobs like this
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear Health care +2
Jr-Mid Level Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)C Clearance Clearance Required Cloud Compliance DoD DoDD 8570 +14
401(k) matching Career development Health care Salary bonus Team events
Engineering Manager, Product Security EngineeringApplication security Banking CEH CISM CISSP Cloud Compliance +10
Flex hours Flex vacation Gear Health care Team events +1
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs