Mid - Penetration Tester
XOR Security is currently seeking several Mid Penetration Tester to support an Agency-level SOC program. The position will lead the analysts that will conduct ongoing enterprise-level penetration testing. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced Cyber Network Defense Operations support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, threat analysis, continuous monitoring, vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing. Candidates must have leadership experience, strong written and verbal communications skills, researching and analysis skills, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of operating system and application vulnerabilities, exploits, technical report writing, and hands-on experience conducting enterprise-level penetration testing.
- Schedule and conduct web application, database, operating system, and wireless vulnerability assessments and support penetration testing efforts.
- Develop and review analysis reports resulting from vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Develop follow-up action plans to resolve reportable issues and communicate with the other technologists to address security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Identify security gaps, evaluate and implement enhancements.
- Stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures and provide a detailed analysis of enterprise risks, compensating controls, and risk mitigation plans.
- Collaborate on problem management and root cause analysis discussions with fellow network engineers, security engineers, and analysts.
- Identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- Top Secret Clearance
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with assessing APT threats, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Management, attack methodologies, forensics analysis techniques, malware analysis, attack surface comprehension, Cyber Threat Emulation operations, Cyber Advanced Threat Emulation Team operations and research, identification, and verification of new APT TTPs.
- Experience with any of the tools listed below: Kali Linux, Metasploit, Burp suite, Cobalt Strike, Tenable Nessus, Web Inspect, Scuba, Appdetective.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in Penetration Testing, SOC support, and coordination with security teams to strengthen the overall security posture in addition to developing mitigations, including signature development and working with incident management teams to better design and implement signatures and response policies and procedures.
- Able to generate threat intelligence indicators during the course of Threat Emulation operations and apply/fine tune them across the enterprise network.
- Research and remain up to date with emerging threats and Threat Emulation methodologies.
- Able to automate tasks and script at a basic level.
- Familiarity with NIST and FISMA compliance.
- Strong proficiency Report writing – a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting
- Experience with Application Security implementation, understanding of Firewall Management and Advanced Threat Protection, familiarity with Access Control, Authorization, Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection, familiar with Protocol Analysis and requirements when handling sensitive and classified Information, familiar with FISMA compliance and Risk Management Framework.
- Strong analytical and technical skills in conducting vulnerability assessments, conduct troubleshooting of failed scans, as well as abilities and prior experience with analyzing vulnerability reports from enterprise assessment tools.
- Ability to assess large-scale reporting, analyze trends, and provide contextual reporting to senior management and system owners.
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail in tracking and reporting compliance activity and trend analysis of enterprise vulnerabilities.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- One or more certifications for VAT Analysts: GPEN, GWAPT, GSNA, GMON, GISF, GAWN, GWEB, GXPN, CEH, GNFA, OSCP, OSEE, OSCE, OSWP, CISSP
- Experience developing custom exploits and exploitation tools in support of authorized penetration tests or cyber threat emulation exercises.
- Experience with analyzing deceptive technologies such as honeynets.
- Ability to work with a cyber network defense organization to improve an organization’s detection capabilities.
- Expertise in policies, industry trends, techniques related to penetration testing.
- Existing Subject Matter Expert of Advanced Persistent Threat or Emerging Threats
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including paid health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation - Applicants must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Tags: Active Directory Analytics Application security APT Burp Suite CEH CISSP Clearance Cobalt Strike Compliance Computer Science DNS Exploits Firewalls FISMA Forensics GNFA GPEN GWAPT GXPN Intrusion detection Intrusion prevention Kali Linux Malware Metasploit Monitoring Nessus NIST OSCE OSCP OSEE OSWP Pentesting Risk management SMTP SQL Threat intelligence Top Secret Top Secret Clearance TTPs Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management Windows
Other jobs like this
First Information Technology Services
Penetration Testing Engineer - Red TeamBurp Suite CEH Clearance Cloud Cobalt Strike Compliance CSRF +29
Career development Health care Parental leave Team events
Keeper Security, Inc.
Red Team Security EngineerCloud Cyber defense FedRAMP FIPS 140-2 Incident response ISO 27001 Offensive Security +4
401(k) matching Career development Health care Insurance
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs