Level 1 Firewall Engineer
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
CharterhouseWe are a Systems Integrator delivering solutions that enable your organisation to securely connect and collaborate.
For more than 27 years, our Charterhouse teams have been pushing tech boundaries and exceeding expectations. For the clients we look after, this means delivering integrated technology solutions that drive their business success. Our reputation as a multi-award-winning solutions integrator of cloud, connectivity, networking, mobile and security solutions speaks for itself. Just as our solutions give our customers the freedom and assurance they need, we’ve made sure growth is a given – professionally and personally – so our colleagues can thrive.
Pentesec, part of the Charterhouse Group, is our multi-award-winning cyber security MSSP. Providing SOC services, cyber security consultancy and training to organisations of all sizes, they deliver a range of Managed Security Services including Managed Detection and Response, Managed Firewall, Managed Intrusion Prevention and more to our customers.
The role of the Level 1 Firewall Engineer is to act as the first point of escalation for customer generated calls and answering inbound customer support calls, emails, and tickets.
Our focus has always been on connection and collaboration, which is why we offer hybrid working with the choice to work in our Peterborough office.
- Log faults and service requests on our ticketing system, carry out initial diagnostics on remote session and look to resolve 95+% of all faults and requests.
- Work within strict SLAs to provide our customers with a timely resolution.
- Be the primary point of contact for events and alerts from Monitoring platform proactively.
- Log calls via the appropriate call logging system and maintain a high level of technical trust with clients
- Actively contribute to the company's knowledge base.
- TCP/IP networking skills.
- Cisco CCNA qualification (or equivalent) or working towards getting it.
- Good knowledge of Unix (Linux, BSD) and/or Windows client and server.
- Proven customer service/helpdesk/NOC experience.
- Excellent telephone manner and a determination to keep clients updated and happy with progress.
- Able to follow processes and manage own time and effort to comply with client procedures and SLAs.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to establish logical options and generate solutions.
We’re bold and brave when it comes to transforming business operations. Together, we achieve more for our customers, each other and ourselves. From the momentum we’re building to the steps we’re anticipating, this is your chance to be part of it all.
Join us, and your benefits and perks will include private healthcare, Medicash cashback, life assurance, workplace pension, cycle to work scheme, access to our employee assistance programme, savings discount, 20% EE discount that extends to your family and friends, a birthday gift voucher and day off, plus more.
Charterhouse is where careers happen. We offer a supportive, innovative, stimulating and fast-paced environment where development, reward and recognition are available to everyone, and anything is possible. As you transform our client’s approach to technology, we’ll help you transform your career through progression, reward, development and recognition.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs