Web Application Security Assessment and Research Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Title: Web Application Security Assessment and Research Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS/ B2B
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung is constantly working to improve the usefulness and security of its mobile devices through the addition of integrated web services. These services must be founded on a strong basis of Identity and Authorization Management. Samsung is looking for candidates to help evaluate and improve the security of its next generation IAM systems, which will tie together products ranging from Find My Mobile to Samsung health, and provide users with easier ability to authenticate and delegate authority to 3rd party services.
Candidates working in this position will focus on vulnerability analysis and pen testing of Samsung’s next generation Identity and authorization management service, and other integrated web services. You will analyze our distributed system’s web applications, server configurations, protocols, and cryptography using both pen testing and code review. You will have access to previous findings and system design documentation to streamline your process. Previously published research results conference, CVE, or otherwise, are encouraged.
Exploitation, Web application security, CSRF/XSS, IAM, OAuth, OIDC, pen testing, security research, code review, network security, cryptography, protocols, OWASP top 10, authentication
- Review designs of novel distributed IAM features
- Analyze source code for core IAM components and integrated web applications
- Pen test new and existing systems using tools of your choice, e.g., Burp Suite
- Audit APIs for over-permissiveness and recommend more secure authorization scopes
- Research win-win solutions to hard security problems and propose security hardening techniques
Technical Background Required:
- Broad knowledge of web-application weaknesses such as XSS/CSRF, cookie mishandling, 2FA issues, passive and active network attackers, misuse of cryptographic libraries, dangerous APIs, CORS
- Understanding of the goals and architecture of OAuth 2.0 and OIDC 1.0, including what problems they are intended to solve and what can go wrong when implementing
- Prior experience with pen test suites such as Burp Suite, Nessus, Metasploit, etc. and/or static analysis and code exploration tools
- Knowledge of public and private key cryptography and misuses, including standard systems and modes of operation: ECC, AES, RSA, PKI, padding oracle attacks, improper keying, hashing, RNGs, etc.
- Experience in security hardening and bug fixing including use of Content-Security-Policy, CSRF tokens, input sanitization, prepared statements, and least privilege authorization.
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor's degree; or 3+ years with a Master's degree; or a PhD; or equivalent experience
- (Preferred) Previous research experience with computer security, academic security publications, CVEs reported
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Other jobs like this
Security Engineer Services , Devices and Services Security - Detection and PreventionAutomation AWS Bash C Computer Science Cryptography EC2 +11
Career development Flex hours Team events
Manager Security Engineering - Core Services, Payments SecurityApplication security AWS Cloud Computer Science Cryptography Network security PhD +2
Flex hours Team events
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs