Security engineer - Client Security
Belgrade, Stari Grad, Serbia
AcronisAcronis provides award-winning backup software & data protection solutions for consumers, businesses & MSPs. Protect your sensitive information!
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Security Engineer - Client Security who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
Your primary goal would be to ensure the security of the users workstation - both Windows and Mac OS based. To achieve it you will work closely with IT team to develop, test and apply hardening configuration on Windows client systems and work with Jamf Pro Server to harden Mac OS clients. You may also be involved in user support, no more than at 20% of your capacity, primarily for troubleshooting security-related issues or effects caused by applying configuration hardening.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Understand current security threats for client systems and analyze best practices to protect from them. Practicing purple teaming approach, develop and use offensive tools to estimate the criticality of vulnerabilities.
- Based on this analysis, develop hardening approaches and create testing and implementation plan. Prioritize implementation based on the criticality estimations.
- Work with other team members as well as cross-team to enforce hardening configuration. Communicate to users, assist with implementation and troubleshooting.
- Monitor the rollout, analyze edge cases and work with Security Operations team to develop violations monitoring and alerting, jointly develop incident response playbooks.
- Conduct user training for security topics, like password policy, phishing protection and reporting security incidents. Work with other teams to incorporate the trainings into the on-boarding programs for new employees and contractors.
- Act as a subject matter expert for all security topic towards users.
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 3 + years in service desk support or similar role.
- 2 + years experience with Jamf Server administration and common tasks such as policy deployment, package creation and deployment, certificate management.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, good understanding of AD security, authentication technologies like LDAP, Kerberos and NTLM. Understanding DNS functionality.
- Working knowledge of network technologies, access control, authentication and authorization protocols like RADIUS, 802.1X, EAP. Understanding VPN technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a heterogeneous environment. Hands-on experience troubleshooting client issues, network access problems.
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Familiarity with PowerShell and/or any Unix shells and ability to write simple scripts is a strong advantage
- At least basic understanding of cryptography and X.509 PKI. Working knowledge of certificate enrollment and deployment in Windows and Mac OS environments
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Other jobs like this
Detection and Response, Security EngineerAndroid Automation Forensics Incident response iOS Linux Machine Learning MacOS Malware Network security +3
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Fertility benefits Flex vacation +7
Engineering Manager - Application SecurityApplication security Audits Automation Incident response Monitoring Penetration testing R&D Risk assessment Security assessments SIEM +3
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Application Security EngineerApplication security Automation AWS Django Docker DynamoDB Golang Kubernetes Prometheus Python +1
Career development Health care Startup environment
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Incident Response Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs