Cloud Security Lead
Span.IO, Inc.Span reinvented the electrical panel. Control every circuit in your home from your phone. Contact us!
SPAN develops products that accelerate the rapid adoption of renewable energy in the home. The flagship SPAN Smart Panel is the first true evolution for the traditional home electric panel, harnessing enhanced technology for metering, monitoring, and control. An expanded product suite of intelligent, integrated solutions radically lowers the cost and complexity of energy upgrades–including solar, batteries and EVs–empowering homeowners to be active, resilient and informed players in the energy market.
We are looking for a hands-on individual with a white hat hacker mindset to join us in a Cloud Security Lead role as part of the Security & IT team at Span. You will be responsible for architecting, developing and deploying security tools and technologies to protect the Span’s platform and backend infrastructure. You will get exposure and contribute to the broader systems and cloud infrastructure initiatives here at Span as well. Responsibilities include:
- Own the vulnerability assessment and patch triage process to support ongoing vulnerability and patch management at Span and provide recommendations for identified vulnerabilities
- Ensure that our production platform in AWS has been hardened as per industry standards e.g. CIS benchmarks
- Ensure all AWS security best practices have been implemented in the production platform
- Review security alerts and reports on a daily basis and work closely with the Infrastructure team in any follow up investigation or remediation
- Tune the logging infrastructure on an ongoing basis to surface true positives
- Perform vulnerability assessments of the Span’s production infrastructure Identify all vulnerabilities originating from third party dependencies and ensuring timely remediation
- Review the current and upcoming infrastructure stack from a security perspective and provide recommendations
- Manage the bug bounty program at Span and work with engineers for timely remediation of the reported issues
- Manage external independent Penetration Testing and ensure timely remediation of issues
- Deploy and own Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) solution at Span
- Automate security controls using scripting to the extent that it requires minimal human interaction
We are seeking a Cloud Security Lead who has:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years in a Infrastructure engineering or DevOps role
- Hands on experience with AWS Security best practices
- Experience with key management tools like KMS, Hashicorp Vault
- Experience in using scripting languages e.g. Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Comfortable with vulnerability scanning tools like Qualys, Nessus, etc.
- Experience with SIEM tools like Splunk, Sumo Logic etc.
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins desired but not a must have
- Experience with container security and container orchestration tools e.g. Kubernetes desired but not required
- Experience with Web Application Firewalls (WAF) desired
Life at SPAN
SPAN embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Headquartered in San Francisco’s vibrant SoMa neighborhood, we are an eclectic group of creative thinkers who value open communication, teamwork, and a ‘make it happen’ approach to addressing complex challenges.
Our CEO, Arch Rao—former head of the Tesla Powerwall team—fosters an energetic and collaborative environment, with a strong emphasis on maintaining work-life-balance across the organization.
We’re hiring talented individuals who are driven by success and are passionate about shaping the future of renewable energy. If that sounds like you, we’d love for you to consider joining the rapidly growing team at SPAN.
⚡ Competitive compensation + equity grants at a well-funded, venture-backed company
⚡ Comprehensive benefits (including medical; dental, vision, life and disability insurance)
⚡ Comfortable, sunny office space located near BART and Caltrain public transit
⚡ Strong focus on teambuilding and company culture (events, meet-ups, clubs)
⚡ Flexible hours and unlimited PTO
Our Mission & Values:
At SPAN, we believe that powering your home with clean energy should be a simple and delightful experience that is at its essence human-centered and technology-forward.
Our core values include:
- Making home energy more accessible, intuitive, and convenient.
- Enabling homes and vehicles to be powered by the sun.
- Building resilient homes with reliable power.
- All-electric everything.
- A more flexible & distributed grid.
Interested in joining our team? Submit an application today and we’ll be in touch with next steps!
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs