Senior Security Engineer, Ecosystem
AtlassianMillions of users globally rely on Atlassian products every day for improving software development, project management, collaboration, and code quality.
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We have an office in Bengaluru but as we continue to expand our footprint in India, we can hire eligible candidates remotely anywhere in India.
The Ecosystem Application Security team is responsible for guiding the security strategy and initiatives for third-party apps which customers can use with their Atlassian products. We are looking for a Security Engineer who is excited at the prospect of enabling thousands of developers to improve the security of their apps and ultimately improve the security of millions of users.
In this role, your responsibilities will include defining security app review and auditing processes for Marketplace apps, building security tools and automation to scale our Cloud Fortified apps review process, and work closely with external Atlassian Marketplace partners and our internal security teams to make tooling available for third-party developers and engage in technical discussions with them. Working with the Ecosystem application security team in the USA, you will also define security policies, perform source code auditing, and penetration testing for third-party apps.
Since a lot of our work involves building security tools and performing security reviews, the ability to read, understand, and write code is very important. Our products and third party apps are built using a number of different languages but Java, Go, and Python are the most common. As part of the focus on learning at Atlassian, you'll be able to spend up to 20% of your time on independent research.
- 7+ years working in an application security role
- Experience with penetration testing with a focus on web application security.
- Experience working with Static application security testing (SAST) and Dynamic application security testing (DAST) tools
- Experience coding in Java, Python, or Go, and at least one scripting language
- An ability to reason about security decisions
- Experience leading projects from start to finish and mentoring other security practitioners
- An ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively to engineers who know way more than you about their code
- Published contributions to the security community
- Presentation experience at industry events
- Experience working with compliance, privacy, IT, networking or related functions
- Experience building security programs to achieve security risk management of third parties like corporate vendors, marketplace/app store vendors and apps built by third parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs