Security Engineer, Pre-Sales (Bay Area)
US - California; US - Remote
Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra Platform captures packets and logs across network, public cloud, SaaS, and identity by applying patented security-led AI to surface and prioritize threats for rapid threat response. Vectra's threat detections are powered by a deep understanding of attacker methods and problem-optimized AI algorithms. Alerts uncover attacker methods in action and are correlated across customer environments to expose real attacks. Organizations around the world rely on Vectra to see and stop threats before a breach occurs. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
As a Security Engineer (Pre-Sales) here at Vectra.ai you'll utilize both your technical aptitude and sales acumen to establish trust during frequent engagement with prospective customers.
You’re a key member of the Vectra sales team, assisting fellow Regional Sales Managers by working to understand key customer pain points and positioning and demonstrating the value of Vectra solutions and services that resolve them, while helping them understand the power of Vectra’s Cognito platform, explaining technical features, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks in real-time.
- Pre-Sales support and Technical Account Management associated to your Regional Sales Managers
- Walk customers and partners through demos and problem solving in clear, concise matter by being the subject matter expert on all things Vectra.
- Communicate cross functionally constantly to ensure all key stakeholders are in the loop in order to insure best-of-breed products, tools and documentations.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of the Vectra product line.
- Identify new opportunities by creating and developing strong technical relationships with customers and channel partners.
- Maintain knowledge at a high technical level of the current security landscape.
- Collaborate with Customers on Technology reviews, product findings, and integration with other technologies they may have.
- Collaborate with other Vectra Engineers on high-level projects to deliver Vectra technologies to our customers.
- Explore and maintain knowledge of Vectra's key competitors.
- Participate in deployment review and forecast calls.
- Participate in design review and release meetings.
- Travel as needed within region.
Experience and soft skills
- Startup DNA is a must: willing and able to do "whatever it takes" with motivation to find solutions rather than admire the challenge.
- Customer-first behaviour is a must.
- Ability to work hands-in-hands with your Sales counterpart (RSM).
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Account Management or Security Engineering role.
- Large account management experience is required.
- Deep understanding of security-focused product lines (CASB, EDR, SIEM or forensics-type platforms) with the ability to translate into value and security best practices.
- Strong knowledge in networking and ability to understand L3 to L7 OSI layers.
- String written (RFP) and verbal communications (Pre-sales presentations and conferences) are a must.
- Good understanding of an attacker progression (Red Team or Pentest). Certifications such as CEH, OSCP, OSCE is a plus.
- Good understanding of Incident Response (Blue Team) methodologies. Certifications such as GNFA is a plus.
- Good understanding of Cloud Security and Network Architectures. Certifications such as AWS Certified Security Specialty (SCS-C01) is a plus.
- Good understanding of Security Processes and methodologies. Certifications such as CISSP is a plus
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Other jobs like this
Manager Security Engineering - Core Services, Payments SecurityApplication security AWS Cloud Computer Science Cryptography Network security PhD +2
Flex hours Team events
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs