Senior Information Systems Security Engineer/Cybersecurity SME
Tampa, Florida, United States
Sigma Defense Systems is a leading technology company serving the Department of Defense (DoD), providing tactical communications systems and services for digital modernization since 2006. Through our acquisitions of SOLUTE in January 2022 and Sub U Systems in May 2022, we have expanded our software and communications hardware solutions to better support JADC2, C5ISR, SATCOM, and DEVSECOPS for customers in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Space Force. Through a combination of hardware, software, and industry expertise, we provide a complete portfolio of solutions and services that accelerates information collection and sharing for faster decision making and better mission outcomes.
This position will provide cybersecurity support services and Risk Management Framework (RMF) subject matter expertise to the Medium-altitude, Long-endurance Tactical (MALET) Program in accordance with DoD policies and USSOCOM directives and regulations.
Supports the MALET program as the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for MQ-1C/ER Mod capabilities, by ensuring they meet cybersecurity requirements in accordance will DoD Instruction 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT), including access control, training and awareness, secure systems design, media protection, cryptographic protection, information system monitoring, incident response, network boundary protection, operations security, endpoint security, anti-tamper/supply chain risk management, software assurance, and anti-counterfeit practices. Defines MQ-1C/ER Mod system-specific security control baselines by selecting and tailoring National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53 security controls based on the Confidentiality-Integrity-Availability (C-I-A) impact levels of the information and information systems, and by applying any applicable overlays in accordance with Committee on National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI) 1253. Develops RMF Security Authorization Packages for review and approval by the United States Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) Security Control Assessor (SCA) and Authorizing Official (AO) in order to obtain Interim Authorizations to Test (IATT) or Authorizations to operate (ATO) for the systems under their purview.
Processes, manages, and maintains all Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation during the entire information system life cycle using the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), to include the Control Implementation Plan, Security Assessment Report (SAR), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), and any supporting evidence and analysis. Performs continuous monitoring and addresses changes in threats, vulnerabilities, and predisposing conditions in the operational environment. Ensures that the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for the MQ-1C/ER Mod systems, working in close collaboration with the information system owner (ISO), and the information system security engineers (ISSE). Serves as a principal advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of the MQ-1C/ER Mod information systems. Plays an active role in the monitoring of the systems and their environment of operation, to include developing and updating the security plan; managing and controlling changes to the system; and assessing the security impact of those changes. Ensures systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of IAW security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package. • Attends required technical and security training (e.g., operating system, networking, security management) relative to assigned duties. Reports all security-related incidents to the USASOC Information System Security Manager (ISSM). Conducts periodic reviews of the systems under their purview to ensure compliance with the security authorization package. May serve as a member of the Configuration Control Board. Coordinates any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the SCA and ISSM prior to the change. Formally notifies the ISSM and SCA when changes occur that might affect system authorization. Ensures all system security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals. Maintains required cybersecurity certifications.
We are a company of innovative professionals thriving in a highly motivating work environment that fosters creativity and independent thinking. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to support our service men and women, now is a great time to join Sigma Defense!
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills – team and customer-service oriented
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong organization, facilitation, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize, and execute against multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Ability to generate recommendations based on rigorous analysis and logical arguments
- Ability to produce thorough, exhaustive and accurate A&A documentation
- Ability to produce and present executive-level briefings to program leadership
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to learn independently
- Ability to process large amounts of data in order to extract and assimilate key points
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Experienced in cybersecurity compliance assessment tools and security information and event management data platforms: Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS); Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC); eMASS; STIG Viewer.
- Project Management and Technical Writing skills are highly desirable.
Build and execute a viable RMF approach for the MQ-1C/ER Mod program during the full system development lifecycle. Enable operational testing and integration events in the operational environment via IATTs. Assess and seek ATOs for a new modular and significantly reduced-footprint construct; a C2 capability; and new on-aircraft capabilities as the MALET program continues to integrate, assess, and field ready capabilities quickly to support the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) requirements.
Travel to Ft. Campbell KY, Redstone and local Huntsville AL, Ft. Bragg, and a few other test sites during the year.
- 401(k) Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs