Senior Security Engineer, Infrastructure Security
Redwood City, CA
Poshmark is looking for a passionate security software expert to drive corporate and product security initiatives. You will identify security gaps and harden Poshmark’s application platforms, cloud infrastructure, and IT systems to protect Poshmark and its 60 million Community members. As we are building Poshmark Security team from the ground up, you will have an opportunity to expand the breadth and/or depth of your security expertise in various security domains and dimensions.
- Harden AWS and IT infrastructure by implementing security best practices.
- Implement technical controls to continuously assess security and compliance posture, and drive vulnerability and patch management.
- Monitor and analyze security event logs/alerts to identify security incidents.
- Lead security incident investigation, containment, eradication, and recovery.
- Uncover root causes of sophisticated security incidents and targeted attacks that span systems, network, and code.
- Improve our detection and incident response capabilities through automation and orchestration as code.
- 6+ years of professional hands-on experience in cloud security
- Experience in detecting and responding to security incidents in web applications, IT and/or AWS infrastructure.
- Ability to document and explain risks, recommendations, and incident data to technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with foundational security solutions (e.g. SIEM, Firewall, VPN, SOAR, IDS/IPS, and/or HIDS)
- Demonstrated experience in AWS security services (e.g. IAM, ACM, PCA, KMS, CloudHSM, WAF, GuardDuty) and AWS security best practices.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize automation over manual process.
- Strong attention to detail and accountability under minimal supervision.
- Strong growth mindset.
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with seven million Seller Stylists helping 50 million users discover items they love from over 100 million items. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
We’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in transcending journey, career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Macbook and Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.