Cyber Security Analyst
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Cyber Security Analyst to join our growing cyber security function. This role will be supporting our 24/7 operational capabilities.
As a member of the Starling cyber security team, you will be working with some of the industry’s brightest cyber security professionals to protect Starling customer and company information assets and systems using the latest technologies and techniques.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Identification, quantifying and tracking of cyber security risks across the organisation.
- Triage and management of information security events including, where necessary, participation in security incident management.
- Gathering and analysing cyber threat intelligence to identify relevant emerging risks.
- Security administration and auditing of privileged systems access.
- Development and maintenance of security processes and procedures.
- Participation in the evaluation and piloting of security products and services.
- Participation in the creation, maintenance and implementation of security policies and standards.
- A genuine desire to become a part of a technically strong security team.
- Knowledge of AWS.
- Self motivation and willingness to learn.
- Good basic technical IT knowledge.
- A pragmatic and hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Basic networking and associated protocol knowledge.
- A high level understanding of mobile, network and operating system security controls.
- Experience of performing information/cyber security reviews and/or audits.
- Any experience of programming in Python, Go an/or Java.
- A Cyber/Information Security related degree and/or relevant cyber security qualification(s).
Starling technology works in a hybrid pattern both from home and one of our three offices. We’re open to applications from across the UK including fully remote, if you’re hybrid our preference is that you’re located within a commutable distance to either our London, Southampton or Cardiff office, so that we’re able to see each other and collaborate in person too.
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday, taken a week on either side of the day
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Part-time and/or flexible hours available for most roles
- Hybrid/remote working
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Enhanced sick pay
- Contributory pension scheme
- Varied social groups set up and run by our employees
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a cashback scheme, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, a birthday box and weekly free coffee
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed 2 million accounts, including over 350,000 business accounts. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have topped £5 billion and we have lent over £2bn over the same period. We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award four years running, and now employ over 1500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Other jobs like this
Backend Software Engineer - Security Analytics / Cloud SIEMAnalytics Big Data Cloud Computer Science Elasticsearch Postgres PostgreSQL +2
Competitive pay Conferences Health care Team events
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs